Author Topic: Selecting all dead links in playlists  (Read 595 times)

Isafreyr

• Good day, traveller!
Good day!

Is there a more efficient way to remove dead links in playlists instead of clicking each playlist one by one to remove dead or duplicate links from them?

Thank you!!!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Have a look at Tools > Locate Missing Files...
I think it will do everything in one go.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Isafreyr

• Good day, traveller!
Unfortunately, that didn't seem to even recognize there was a dead link in my playlist. I had to again manually click the playlist and click remove dead links. it shows 1 file removed. So I am correct in thinking that.

Steven

• Administrator
if its just for a playlist, right click in the main panel/ List/ Remove Dead Links

Isafreyr

• Good day, traveller!
Not only for one playlist. Already mentioned that. I mean every playlist at once. I don't want to go playlist to playlist right click, then go to list and remove dead links, then start over to the other playlist. Remove all dead links from all the playlists. I have like more than 10 playlists, that's why I am asking this.

Isafreyr

• Good day, traveller!

phred

• Global Moderator
Not only for one playlist. Already mentioned that. I mean every playlist at once.
There's no way to do all the playlists at once. Your twenty playlists shouldn't take that long to do one-by one. I've got over 100 playlists - some with over 7,000 tracks and while I did this quite some time ago, I didn't feel it took an excessive amount of time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Isafreyr

• Good day, traveller!
100?! Woah. That's impressive. I could like keep doing the repetitive action of doing it. Yeah. But it would make so many things easier if it was possible. I wouldn't go about organising folders and removing tracks and then needing to go back and do that mundane task all over again, clicking and clicking. I really thought it has to be somewhere as an option. What a bummer. I think there is a forum to suggest new things in upcoming updates. You can understand why this would make things so much easier, no? I might be a lazy, idiot though.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Would it be possible to do this with a playlist folder? You can see all the tracks in all the playlists when you select a folder, so why not remove all the dead tracks by folder?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)