Author Topic: Playcounter increases, however once you restart Musicbee, it resets  (Read 603 times)

rfcjazz

As you can see on the images, playcount increments, but when you restart MB , strangely, with some albuns, it resets.
On the link I have attached the Appdata folder before the bug. The name of the music on this issue is Dreamland as you can see on the two images that are inside the Appdata folder.
On the same link, I attached the Appdata folder after restarting MB, with  the playcount reset. Inside the folder thereĀ“s an image showing this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1koaXvPrZqgyjCAevi-tDRIC394OdV_5P/view?usp=sharing

Steven

• Administrator
The only suggestions I have is perhaps you have set the play count to sync to last.fm, which is set in the plugin preferences
and secondly perhaps you are using the tag tools plugin with some rule to update the playcount.
The last is perhaps you are shutting down windows without exiting MB and the MB database is not saved

rfcjazz

Hello Steven.
Unfortunately, I am not using the tag tools plugin, nor shutting down windows without exiting MB. In fact this bug happens just when I exit MB and start it again.
Regarding LastFM sync, I am using it, because sometimes  I listen to the music (rarely, I would say just one day,  each 2 or 3 months) on my cell phone, but my normal usage is just listen MB on my laptop, without  using any add-ons or whatever. I just love MB "vanilla" mode, so everything is on default.
I have attached my settings on this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HBnUZtG_w6GzjeLHJNpEee-NfWL_pc0o/view?usp=sharing

Well, thanks a lot for taking your time to  answer me, and congratulations for this greatest software of yours. MB is really THE Best!
PS: I am not a native english speaker, so please, disregard any misspelling or inadequate use of the language.

Steven

• Administrator
in the AppData\InternalCache folder there should be a file: LastFmPlayCountCache.dat
try deleting it.
if the issue keeps happening then try disabling the last.fm playcount sync in the last.fm plugin preferences

rfcjazz

Well, something was definitely wrong with the LastFmPlayCountCache.dat file.
After I deleted the file and restarted MB, a strange thing happened (at least for me):
1) There were about 10,500 songs played, Jazz genre, decreased to approximately 8,500;
2) There were about 8,500 songs played, Classical genre, decreased to approximately 7,700;
3) There were no songs with playcount 0, now there are 270.
4) There are probably other genres that had their playcount lowered as well, but I don't remember them
because their playcount numbers were much lower.

What intrigues me is that, by the name of the file, I thought it was a kind of "bridge" file, that is, a file used by MB
to send the information out (to the LastFM website) and to receive the information in to LastFm (when I was listening to music on my cell phone).
And if my thinking is correct, deleting this file could not lower the MB counters. Am I right, or is my guess completely wrong?
Thanks in advance for your time and attention, Steven!

Diaboliquin

This looks like my own problem.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37259.0

After deleting the last.fm cache, stop using Additional Tagging Tools, disable other last.fm related plugins, the bug persists, every time that I load MB some songs rests playcount to 0.