Author Topic: Tracks missing from main view  (Read 929 times)

TechedMonkey

I've run into/noticed an issue where MusicBee seems to not show some tracks on the regular Music view, but the files show up when navigating in Folder view.  The files still reflect play counts and ratings in folder view.  I don't know if there is possibly a setting that filters out files that I might be missing?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The Folder view will show all the music files in a folder irrespective of whether or not they exist in the library.
Whereas the Music view is set to only show files that are a part of your library.

So in that Folder view, right-click on any or all of the tracks that do not show up in the Music view -> Send To.
If "Music Library" is not disabled, then it simply means that those files have not been scanned or added to your library yet.

But if it is disabled, then there might be a bug at play.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

phred

• Global Moderator
But if it is disabled, then there might be a bug at play.
Typically if send to > music library is grayed out (disabled) it means the track/album is already in the music library.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

TechedMonkey

It does seem to be greyed out, and using sync to device does seem to sync the file over to my player.

Doing a quick install of the portable version, it seems that there are a lot of files missing from the library (standard showing 12,001 tracks, portable showing 13,544 tracks).  So it seems to be an issue with the database maybe?  Making a new library with the main one has now reduced the library to 10,854 tracks.

Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 04:23:00 PM by TechedMonkey

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
What version are you running in the 'standard' version of MusicBee? (help > about)
Maybe there was a bug relating to this at the time that has now been addressed in later versions.
So update that 'standard' version to the latest update and then see if it will behave as expected.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

TechedMonkey

What version are you running in the 'standard' version of MusicBee? (help > about)
Maybe there was a bug relating to this at the time that has now been addressed in later versions.
So update that 'standard' version to the latest update and then see if it will behave as expected.

3.5.8296 is the build I have installed, which seems to be the current.

I did make a backup of the musicbee folder in \AppData\Roaming\ and did a restart that way, and it seems to have resolved it.
I can easily enough revert back for testing/narrowing down the issue, but it does seem to be something with either how I had it or something I had changed over time.  I'll be honest, I can't be sure that it wasn't like this in a previous update, and I didn't notice it.  A newer update might have resolved the bug causing the issue, but not resolved the results of the issue.