Author Topic: After scanning the music collection, the counter of tracks played was reset  (Read 916 times)

Foliant

Hello. I have a disaster: after another scan of the folders in which I store my music collection, MusicBee added all the files to the Inbox (New files). And they all decide on one tag - an unknown artist."
I got scared, created a new library, added folders with music. The result has changed: the tags have been pulled up, but in the "played" column it displays 0. That is, I didn't seem to listen to a single song.

It turns out I lost the history of the played music. And I valued this very much, because the listened counter served for me as an indicator of the music I listened to. So I knew what else I needed to listen to from my 40,000 collection.

Help, please return history  🙏🏼

I share some information. Music is stored on my external HDD. It happens (very rarely) that it has some failures (windows notification), but this did not cause any particular problems. This time, Explorer notified me to check the disk for errors. I listened, but after rebooting, I still did not see the history of the played tracks in the "played" column.

I also tried to load the old library - it did not help. I also installed the portable version of MusicBee and connected the old library, and then re-created a new one - nothing has changed. What can be done?

MusicBee ver. 3.4.8033.18564

phred

• Global Moderator
To the OP- I have moved this to the 'questions' section because as hiccup pointed out, Tips & Tricks is for tips and tricks and no questions. Please.

As for your issue, how did you scan the folders? With MB, or with something else?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Foliant

To the OP- I have moved this to the 'questions' section because as hiccup pointed out, Tips & Tricks is for tips and tricks and no questions. Please.

As for your issue, how did you scan the folders? With MB, or with something else?

Sorry for posting the topic in the wrong place.
I usually go like this:
1. I connect HDD
2. I start MB
3. I press INSERT

MB scans files, finds new ones if they are there. But on the last run, it found 40,000 files and identified them as "new" without any tags.
On the next scan, the tags returned, but the counter of all songs is at "0". This is a nightmare for me... :(

Steven

• Administrator
did your drive change its letter compared to the first time you connected and loaded the music tracks? I believe there is a way to lock the drive to a particular letter but you would need to google that

Foliant

did your drive change its letter compared to the first time you connected and loaded the music tracks? I believe there is a way to lock the drive to a particular letter but you would need to google that

By some miracle, after scanning and other manipulations, all my files still appeared in my inbox and, fortunately, the play count is displayed correctly.

Indeed, something related to the drive letter has happened. And what I saw in MB surprised me: all my files are displayed as disappeared. When hovering over the information icon, MB tells me that the file was previously on the D drive, but is now gone. But I am absolutely sure that MB is wrong, since my collection has always been on drive E. And now the same letter is displayed there. I do not understand....

When I click "find missing files" MB for some reason looks for them on the D drive and of course does not find them. All my files are on the E drive. I understand that it is possible to move all the files to the drive that asks for MB, but this is very long and I still have to transfer them to the same E drive again.
What can be done? In the settings of the collection folders, the E drive was always registered. But the MB library file itself was on the D drive. As an option, you can probably rename my E drive to the D drive. But I'm worried that the history of what I listened to will suddenly disappear again?

Foliant

The problem was resolved.  :)  In the library submenu, I specified the new location of the music folders. Thanks for the help!