Author Topic: Artist picture doesn't show up in artist picture pannel.  (Read 1611 times)

aktor

I just found out this problem. I copy and paste a picture in the artist picture panel. It changes the picture in music explorer - profile but is not shown in the artist picture panel. The picture is indeed saved specified in artist pictures location box. Also now playing - artist picture view doesn't retrieve any pictures. Any idea what is wrong.
Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 10:18:59 AM by aktor

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot so i can see where you are pasting the picture as "artist picture panel" can mean a number of things

aktor

If it help: music panel configuration > available elements > artist picture put in the sidebar.

https://ibb.co/5TFzGN1
https://ibb.co/K9VnBtP

I would like to add, that i recently tried portable version simultaneously and it works as it is supposed to.
Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 09:54:36 PM by aktor

Steven

• Administrator
in that case can you send me a link to your settings file (for the one that doesnt work). help/ support/ view settings

Steven

• Administrator
using the settings file you sent i dont see an artist picture in the left sidebar in the music explorer tab, so i am still not clear where exactly you are pasting the artist picture

aktor

Steven

• Administrator
So that picture in that panel is based on artist picture backdrops intended for large and wide screens. The pictures in the main panel grid are smaller square pictures that are saved to the Thumbs sub-folder. To update the thumb pictures, you need to either directly paste the artist picture in the main panel that is showing the artist pictures view or you can do the same with the thumbnail browser that is showing.
Trying with your settings the picture in the artist picturebox updated immediately - but the picture needs to be named with the artist name and in the artist picture folder as defined in Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artwork

aktor

OK I found the problem. It stops working when i add band members and role in aritists multiple splitter. How can i fix that?

aktor

I further localised the problem. It seem that MB is searching for the picture from the artist field in multiple artist splitter window. Role/instrument must be set to 4 predefined options if not i doesn't work. Also band biography is pulled from first entry in artist field and role is set as artist (artist splitter window). This is in artist picture mode in now playing tab. Also it seams it does pull the pictures from some search engine and uses some sort of anti- NSFW filter.
I strongly suggest changes so that  biography and pictures are pulled from album artist ID tag. I will put it in wishlist.

Steven

• Administrator
MB uses all the artists associated with a track (artist and guest), but excludes performers. If there are no associated artists, just the display artist is used
I dont plan to change that

aktor

Ok but why not exclude role/instrument field as a factor in searching for pictures and make display artist entry priority or an option. The search results using artist and role instruments set as artist are worse, at least for rock bands.

If there are user out there, who use artist:instrument/role like this (which I love btw)
Chris Casket: Bass
Gregor Mackintosh: Guitars, Vocals
Guido Zima: Drums
Ben Ash: Guitars
for them it makes all things artist picture related useless.

Nevertheless thanks for help.
Maybe this is solvable without you changing MB's track associations.
Related to this picture problem is that also theatre mode xml don't work.
found this line and  changed tags="artist" tags="albumartist" doesn't do the trick.
<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" interval="60" tags="artist" ></element>

Steven

• Administrator
i have made one enhancement, so that when all split artists are labelled as performers, it falls back to the display artist
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

aktor

Thank you. Now it works as a sidebar element, now playing tab artist pictures view and also theatre mode that uses rotating artist pictures.
With this update you resolved the question.