Author Topic: Is the inconsistent column width in the updated album covers view intentional?  (Read 784 times)

Goblet

Prior to the last update, the number of columns as well as their width were consistently spaced:

------

However, 3.5.8296 has changed things a bit. With the same settings as the preceding update, if no column restrictions are in place, albums will display as a single column if any track's title is too long, and the rest will be inconsistently spaced:

If columns are restricted to their pre-update numbers (2 for me in this view), the column spacing will be inconsistent between albums (in the same view):

------

I'd chuck this in bug reports as I don't feel this is intentional, but I figured I'd ask if I'm just missing a setting. I've had a fairly close look through all relevant settings and nothing is standing out to me.

Thanks guys!
Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:26:22 PM by Goblet

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
As Steven said, this already exists, but it took me some time to find it when it was first introduced.

In Album view, click on the word "Album" at the top left of the main panel > Customize panel > Show settings > scroll down to the bottom > restrict number of columns displayed
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Goblet

In the expanded panel settings set the "restrict columns displayed" value to 2

Thanks for the reply Steven, but I did mention this above and it still has the same problem. These two are restricted to two columns and are in the same playlist together:

Is that intentional, then? Because from what I can see, the wider spacing is triggered by larger track titles.

Edit: Yeah it's definitely the track titles, see track 1

Steven

• Administrator
i am prepared to make a change such that when the number of columns is restricted as configured in the expanded panel settings then the width applied will be consistent and not adjust to the track widths but will take feedback before making it a permanent change

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:05:46 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
but will take feedback before making it a permanent change
Haven't downloaded the patch, but I'm wondering if this "not adjust to the track widths" change means the track titles will be truncated? If so I'm already seeing that behavior with 3.5.8297 P.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here