Author Topic: Centrol Dark + Centrol Light — High DPI bitmap skin with centered media controls  (Read 17691 times)

MCDoubleDefDP

Hi T010, I just came across another bug. The Previous, Play/Pause, and Next icons are missing from the bottom right corner of the popup player.

In the following Centrol screenshots, I'm hovering over the Next and then Previous button.

In this screenshot, my mouse is over the popup player for the default MusicBee 3 skin.

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/1B5aXOD

T010

@MCDoubleDefDP
Thanks for reporting. This is now fixed and you can redownload the skin file (from the same urls)

MCDoubleDefDP

@MCDoubleDefDP
Thanks for reporting. This is now fixed and you can redownload the skin file (from the same urls)

Thanks!  :)

enrivac

Very nice skins, one of the best for the musicbee, thanks for sharing and congrats for creating it.
I do really like the color choices and the attention to detail, but i wold like to make a suggestion/request.

A alternative minimalist version. for better consistence and look overall

Something like this:

And for example/comparison  this is the actual full look:

Thanks for the attention.

codingduo

Hey T010,

thank you so much for this skin. Especially the dark variant looks really great. Instantly made it my default skin.  :)

T010

A alternative minimalist version. for better consistence and look overall

I appreciate the idea and suggestion, I understand how you may not need all the controls in your setup. I'm not sure if I want to support an alternative layout or how I would go about making one. If it does happen, it will be announced in this thread; you may subscribe to this thread to be notified of future updates.

In your screenshot I see blurry tab icons; how come? What scale is your display set as? The skin is supposed to support high dpi.

thank you so much for this skin.

You're welcome, enjoy it :)

Musicmouche

I love this skin! The only small complaint I have is that it lacks the stop button.

T010

it lacks the stop button.

I could not get the stop button to show up by user preference ("show stop button" in panel layout settings) so while there is no dedicated stop button position, there is a stop button available by holding Shift key on your keyboard and then clicking the Play/pause button.

Chronicia

Hi T010,
I really love this skin, instantly at first sight it has such a AIMP vibe (in a good way, dunno if you take inspiration from there). However, when I download the skin to my computer, it looks different from the layout you have in the picture. Can you show me how to set up to have the exact look in your picture? I'm newbie here so forgive me if I'm dumb :((

T010

@Chronicia, Thank you. The layout file was asked for and shared on first page of this thread, you can download it from here, enjoy  8)

gaiastar

wow
Amazing Skin , really beautiful  :-*

may i ask a question?
do you think could be possibile to add replaygain/volume leveling icon to know if it's on or off ?
could be usefull , if you want to activate with a keyboard shortcut and have a small icon that can change color
what do you think?
again beautiful skin !
thank you so much , take care
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

T010

add replaygain/volume leveling icon to know if it's on or off ?

As far as I know there is no way to have such a toggle built-in to a skin. However, you can set up a toolbar button with your desired action, and the good news is that in a few days I will release a dedicated toolbar icon pack that includes an icon for the replaygain toggle, in the same style as the Centrol skin iconography. Keep an eye out for it on the Addons page
Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 08:09:44 PM by T010

gaiastar

add replaygain/volume leveling icon to know if it's on or off ?

As far as I know there is no way to have such a toggle built-in to a skin. However, you can set up a toolbar button with your desired action, and the good news is that in a few days I will release a dedicated toolbar icon pack that includes an icon for the replaygain toggle, in the same style as the Centrol skin iconography. Keep an eye out for it on the Addons page
hi
I got it ,they are beautiful icons!
I have set a shortcut for the replaygain toggle , but in the preferences -> player -> normalize volume ..is always on
seems that the shortcut for replaygain toggle doesn't work , i mean does not turn off/on replay gain
is my issues or could be a little bug?
thanks for the beautiful incoming icons and skin
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

T010

seems that the shortcut for replaygain toggle doesn't work , i mean does not turn off/on replay gain

I noticed the replaygain toggle, as a toolbar button, is not an on/off toggle between two states but cycles between the 3 modes and its off state. So you will have to click the toggle four times to cycle through Smart gain/Track gain/Album gain/Gain off.
That's all I can help you with. If you need further assistance, please open a new topic in the appropriate forum board.

FYI the toolbar icon set is now released, find it on the Addons page :)

lilbud

Is it possible to customise the song/album info on the player bar? I don't use rating/love and it looks kinda empty. I guess either an option to center it or add more info list artist to fill it out and take the place of rating/heart

thanks