Author Topic: MusicBee on M1 Mac  (Read 1637 times)

chrismeraz

Are you using MusicBee on M1 Mac?

It's kind of working via Crossover, but I have two problems:
1. Crossover is doing something to the audio, because all of my files are clipping my DAC when I play them in MusicBee via Crossover. These same files do not clip when played on my PC through the same DAC, nor when played on the Mac through iTunes. Replay Gain is Off.
2. There are audio glitches whenever I put any load on the Mac (while opening new programs or asking another program to do any work more strenuous than entering text).

What other options are there, or do you know how to fix the problems above?
Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 01:10:02 PM by chrismeraz

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you searched the forum?

I don't use a Mac and didn't look at any of these, but perhaps one of these will help. I do see a reference or two to M1.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Agetmusicbee.com%2Fforum+m1+mac
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chrismeraz

Thanks Fred, I've seen all those threads (I would have posted in them but they were closed).
Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 01:39:55 PM by chrismeraz

chrismeraz

So I tried Parallels. There's no glitching, but I still have clipping on the output. Can someone else please confirm whether this is or is not happening to them on an M1 Mac? Replay Gain is Off, Equalizer is Off, is there anything else that could be modifying the output?

Thanks!
Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 01:26:58 PM by chrismeraz

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Fred, I've seen all those threads (I would have posted in them but they were closed).
I beg to differ as we don't lock threads. Perhaps you saw a warning stating that it was an old thread but that doesn't stop you from adding a new reply.

If you found an appropriate thread that is indeed locked, please give me the link and I'll unlock it so you can reply there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

chrismeraz

FYI I still have the problem with audio glitches (in both Crossover and Parallels). I've never been able to solve it. Does no one else have this problem? I'm only using wav files by the way.