Author Topic: Problem with auto-playlist  (Read 706 times)

pps888

Hello,

I made an auto playlist that shows albums with 3 star rating and above.
An album with no-rating appears in this list, it shouldn't. Right click, Rating Album, Not Rated is ticked. I can't find why this album appears in this list. Any ideas?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does the album have the same name as a another album that matches the criteria? That's the only think I can think of off the top of my head.

If that isn't it, please post screenshots of the playlist settings and the tags on that album.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

pps888

You are absolutely right! There are 2 albums with the title "The Ultimate Collection" from different artist, although the one is not ranked yet. When i renamed the one of them, it disappeared from the list.  I suppose the problem is that i chose "selected by album" as you can see in the screenshot

What do you think is the best option for my purpose? Should i choose "by work"? I want to show me albums, but if some of them have the same title (like it happened), i want to separate them by artist. I mean, don't bring me albums that i have not ranked yet, only because it has the same title with some other artist's album.
Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:35:45 PM by pps888

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would start by making sure that in Sorting/Grouping preferences, the fields that define an album include both Album and Album Artist. If not, I expect updating that would fix it.

If those are both already included, this is at least an unexpected result, if not a bug per se.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

pps888

The Sorting/Grouping had only Album Name as an option. I added also Album Artist and the problem solved. Thank you very much for the tip!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're welcome! I'm glad it was an easy fix.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)