Author Topic: new PC. everything looks good on PC. can sync once to Android, but then i ...  (Read 4021 times)

oneformula

new PC. everything looks good on PC. can sync once to Android, but then the next syncs fail.  "synchronization  has temporarily stalled for 3-10 minutes" on a play list"... then "the requested value cannot be determined" for a certain playlist.

and i cannot ever wifi sync

Version 3.4.8033. Android Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Poweramp.

oneformula

oh, and i get an Exception from HRESULT 0x80042009 or similar sometimes.

tried different cables. tried different USB ports. brand new PC, 2 week old phone. all latest software and OS.

phred

• Global Moderator
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

If not the Store version, update to the latest 3.5 patch to see if that fixes it. See my signature below.

If it doesn't, please copy/paste the lines from the Error Log from the time when the error happened. Help > Support > View Error Log
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

oneformula

thank you for the help!

How was MB installed? the first option, " GET MUSICBEE INSTALLER", at https://getmusicbee.com/downloads/.

i just tried dl'ing now from the microsoft store, and it is version 3.4.8033. (all USB drivers and such are updated as well

here is the latest from the error log:

8/12/2022 12:52:41 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
[]
   at #=zZStC9iyBHabrHQWBQanCD08=.#=zdvAqALsrI53x.#=zI82AXpQ=.#=zfHQBs8M2p1n2..ctor(String #=zv4iLPUM=, #=zyGAHUXayObI0 #=zlDrAyVI=, String #=z5b5r9_k=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E, Boolean #=znvcEv82PvOOQ, Boolean #=zw1xW_XLlWVcN, Boolean #=z2E03uDlVJHtH)
   at #=zZStC9iyBHabrHQWBQanCD08=.#=zdvAqALsrI53x.#=zI82AXpQ=.#=zlUqA_dOmsaQD(#=zYou85H9M75jIUYYqoWAq30M= #=zv4iLPUM=, String #=zV168R0Q=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E, Boolean #=zw1xW_XLlWVcN)
   at #=zXVYVwVH6SkdTLBeauePxIjUNJoI6.#=zPTOcaXn4MoTc(#=zYou85H9M75jIUYYqoWAq30M= #=zv4iLPUM=, #=zOXjP81ymAY_2eIZvq9Wf9q8Dukwm #=zGKJRY0g=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=z_aLmy873PYtZ)
   at #=zNPzqCC9C$eXMyxRFS57upUo=.#=zCByODFU=(#=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E)
   at #=zNPzqCC9C$eXMyxRFS57upUo=.#=zCByODFU=(Boolean #=z7Be1c8Cn48hl)
   at #=zWIZyVUuxNLL39$ggm5ULXcz19Z0b.#=qMtclCTLLiIAUdr0hqicOY7M0LzuAYn4ldYuyt_3cPQc=._Lambda$__0()

8/12/2022 1:00:46 AM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
[]
   at #=zZStC9iyBHabrHQWBQanCD08=.#=zdvAqALsrI53x.#=zI82AXpQ=.#=zfHQBs8M2p1n2..ctor(String #=zv4iLPUM=, #=zyGAHUXayObI0 #=zlDrAyVI=, String #=z5b5r9_k=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E, Boolean #=znvcEv82PvOOQ, Boolean #=zw1xW_XLlWVcN, Boolean #=z2E03uDlVJHtH)
   at #=zZStC9iyBHabrHQWBQanCD08=.#=zdvAqALsrI53x.#=zI82AXpQ=.#=zlUqA_dOmsaQD(#=zYou85H9M75jIUYYqoWAq30M= #=zv4iLPUM=, String #=zV168R0Q=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E, Boolean #=zw1xW_XLlWVcN)
   at #=zXVYVwVH6SkdTLBeauePxIjUNJoI6.#=zPTOcaXn4MoTc(#=zYou85H9M75jIUYYqoWAq30M= #=zv4iLPUM=, #=zOXjP81ymAY_2eIZvq9Wf9q8Dukwm #=zGKJRY0g=, #=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=z_aLmy873PYtZ)
   at #=zNPzqCC9C$eXMyxRFS57upUo=.#=zCByODFU=(#=zw0a$Zeo3cAwf #=zqUwASdNdD26E)
   at #=zNPzqCC9C$eXMyxRFS57upUo=.#=zCByODFU=(Boolean #=z7Be1c8Cn48hl)
   at #=zWIZyVUuxNLL39$ggm5ULXcz19Z0b.#=qMtclCTLLiIAUdr0hqicOY7M0LzuAYn4ldYuyt_3cPQc=._Lambda$__0()

phred

• Global Moderator
Do not use the Store version as it doesn't get updated as often as the Installer and Portable version do.

You haven't updated to 3.5 via the patch I mentioned. The error you're experiencing may very well be fixed in 3.5. I don't know for certain, but it's one way to find out. If you don't want to update, that's fine. But you'll have to wait for Steven to look at the log to interpret it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

oneformula

ok, i've  updated to 3.5 via the patch you gave. i now get "Copy Failed - The semaphore timeout period has expired. (Exception From HRESULT: 0x80070079)"

error log:

8/13/2022 3:15:30 PM - Add playlist "D:\MUSICBEE\Playlists\3.5+.xautopf" The semaphore timeout period has expired. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070079)
8/13/2022 3:15:30 PM - The semaphore timeout period has expired. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070079)

phred

• Global Moderator
Is it just this one playlist that fails? Or do all playlists fail?
Is the name of the playlist 3.5+.xautopf ?
Do the music files copy over correctly?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

oneformula

thanks so much for helping.as a music junkie, i'm kind of freaking out and missing my lifestyle :)

i just tried deleting ALL of my playlists and created new ones. I erased the playlists from my phone.

i did a few wire sync everything worked YES!!!

i STILL cannot do a wif sync, though. "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee."

Under Window Defender Firewall and network protection, i added MusicBee to Allowed Apps and Features for both Private and Public. i still get "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee."

ugh....

oneformula

so... good news: wired sync is working. yeah!!!!!

bad news: 1) play counts do NOT sync.
bad news: 2) wifi sync does NOT work.

i've done a wired sync now and it says "Completed".

but when i run MusicBee Wifi Sync, it says "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee"

I've got MusicBee seo go through Windows Defender firewall Private and Public. and MusicBee is running

hmm.... help! (thank you)
Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:42:57 AM by oneformula

phred

• Global Moderator
Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee
Exit MB and make sure the WiFi app on the phone is closed.
Restart MB.
Open the WiFi app and do a preview. If that works, do the sync.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

oneformula

thank you. i have tried that and musicbee wifi says  "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows firewall is not blocking MusicBee"

phred

• Global Moderator
Sorry, I out of ideas and can't help any further.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

BoringName

@oneformula, check ip address of your pc. it must be 192.168.1.*

Mine isn't and works fine. Your phone just needs to be on the same wifi network.

Go to edit preferences - > devices
Make sure "enable wifi transfer with android devices" is ticked.

Musicbee needs to be running on the PC to do a wifi sync. It's not a background service.

oneformula

@oneformula, check ip address of your pc. it must be 192.168.1.*

thanks.

my router LAN is 192.168.86.1. my PC is 192.168.86.25