Author Topic: Issues using certain fonts with musicbee  (Read 253 times)

HereticMagus

Hi, I've been using musicbee for a few years now. Whilst I've had my share of issues, most of them I've been able to solve with some critical thinking or a quick google search. However, this current one has been driving me up the wall.

I have a font I downloaded from someone who made it on github, it's a pixel style font primarily made for coding but I really enjoy the relatively clean look of it. However, this font has an issue that whenever I use it with musicbee specifically (and a few other apps, but not all) it defaults to the "Bold" typeface, without any way of changing it as far as I can see. This wouldn't be a problem, however this is literally a pixel based font so it doesn't look good when scaled up to certain sizes, and especially not when made Bold by default. My only assumption as to why this is happening is that it only has two basic options, and instead of labeling the primary one as "Regular", the creator instead labeled it as medium. Maybe something about that is causing musicbee to view the Bold version as the default instead of "Medium" but still, its an incredibly strange issue and unless I can learn how to edit fonts directly (Which seems to be way too complicated for its own good) I'd like to know if there's a way around this. The following screenshots show exactly what happens when I change my font and restart.