Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 63008 times)

BillH

I don't think you've ever automatically gotten lyrics when ripping a CD as I'm pretty sure it's supported.

It doesn't have to be from the Now Playing pane either. Simply select the tracks you want lyrics for > right-click > auto-tag by track > update missing lyrics.

I am guessing you really meant to say that it is not supported rather than it is supported.  I guess my bad memory is showing it ugly head.  I hadn't ripped a CD for awhile and I guess I was just remembering incorrectly.

I will give that method a try as it would be quicker.

Thanks!
Bill

phred

• Global Moderator
I am guessing you really meant to say that it is not supported rather than it is supported.
Yes, that's right. I have corrected my post. Thanks for catching that.

I guess my bad memory is showing it ugly head.  I hadn't ripped a CD for awhile and I guess I was just remembering incorrectly.
Perhaps.
I don't rip that often, but I was recently given a nice stack of CDs and am slowly ripping my way through them, so it was fairly fresh in my mind.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Kikizoshi

Hey, I'm not sure why, but the pesni.guru provider doesn't work for any of my songs. The lyrics are on the site itself, but won't get picked up by the provider. I checked to make sure that the titles and artists were the same and in the right categories, and they are. I'm also not having trouble with other providers using the same plugin, just pesni.guru. It's broken for both English and Russian songs. Would you be willing to look into this?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hey there, welcome to the forum.

It seems to be working fine for me on the files I've tested this with.
Have you checked the entries on the log file to see where it's failing? ...MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded
Can you provide an example of a song we can have a look at?
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Kikizoshi

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

It seems to be working fine for me on the files I've tested this with.
Have you checked the entries on the log file to see where it's failing? ...MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded
Can you provide an example of a song we can have a look at?

(Sorry, I had to redo this post, since my edit converted the Cyrillic to something illegible.)

Thank you :)

I looked at the log, and it's showing a success... but MusicBee is saying 'No lyrics found'. Here's the success log I got with Камень by Флер:
Code
[DEBUG] Lyrics request: Флер - Камень - Тысяча светлых ангелов - Pesni Guru
[INFO] Pesni Guru tries to load the lyrics...
[DEBUG] The constructed identity URL: https://pesni.guru/search/флер+камень
[DEBUG] The constructed lyrics URL: https://pesni.guru/text/флер-камень-минус
[SUCCESS] lyrics found from Pesni Guru!

It's the same for all the songs I tried. So it looks like it is finding the lyrics, but not loading them into MusicBee? But with other providers, it will both have a success and load the lyrics into MusicBee. If it helps, this is what happens if Pesni has first priority and succeeds finding lyrics (the other provider loads lyrics fine, but despite the success Pesni never will load them):
Code
[DEBUG] Lyrics request: IAMX - Ghosts Of Utopia - Volatile Times - Pesni Guru
[INFO] Pesni Guru tries to load the lyrics...
[DEBUG] The constructed identity URL: https://pesni.guru/search/iamx+ghosts of utopia

[DEBUG] Lyrics request: IAMX - Ghosts Of Utopia - Volatile Times - Musixmatch
[INFO] Musixmatch tries to load the lyrics...
[DEBUG] The constructed URL: http://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/iamx/ghosts-of-utopia
[DEBUG] The constructed lyrics URL: https://pesni.guru/text/iamx-ghosts-of-utopia
[SUCCESS] lyrics found from Pesni Guru!
[SUCCESS] lyrics found from Musixmatch!

If I click 'Search Next Provider', it will load Musixmatch's lyrics again. And if I take Musixmatch back off, Pesni will log the same success, but again no lyrics will be loaded. Right-clicking on the Lyrics panel will show 'Lyrics Source: No Lyrics Found'. Other songs I tried were Невесомый человек by Ясвена and Я – Луна by Серебряная Свадьба - both returned the same success log as Камень, but also didn't load lyrics into MusicBee.

Edit: just thought to check other non-standard providers, to see if it was an issue with only the providers that had to be added in, but those other additional providers worked too. Song Lyrics was able to find Ghosts of Utopia and load it just fine.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I looked at the log, and it's showing a success... but MusicBee is saying 'No lyrics found'. Here's the success log I got with Камень by Флер:
For now, I don't have any explanation as to why that may be happening.
I just checked with the above and the lyrics came up alright in the Tag Editor - it would be great if someone else can confirm.

Can you also check that the YML you have is indeed identical to the one showing up here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.msg204493#msg204493
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

sveakul

The Pesni Guru yml in the cited post is definitely NOT the same as the one in the latest providers.zip download package.

I haven't been able to find out which one (if either) actually works though, despite multiple checking with both sources at the top of my search list.  Maybe boroda can help?

boroda

i'm ready, but i need a sample track to test (which doesn't work for somebody).

Thopter

Hi, is there a way to create an option, perhaps via settings.ini, to have LyricsReloaded check the "mark as having no lyrics" box when no lyrics are found? I assume this would just be setting a tag value, though I'm not sure what the tag is or what the value is.

The main purpose of this feature would be to prevent unnecessary duplicate checking for lyrics when playing a file multiple times with automatic lyrics download enabled.

Also, this is a really minor aside, but the readme.txt for the current version has an incorrect path for where to place the providers files. I believe it should be: %AppData%\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers, but the readme has an extra \AppData\ between the MusicBee and the mb_LyricsReloaded. I figured out the problem pretty quickly, but I could see this vexing some users.

Another mostly-irrelevant aside: let me mention, removing the old version 1.2.0.5 was an absolute beast of a problem, and I think it's because I have the "app" version of MusicBee, which means there's nothing to find in Program Files or Program Files (x86). If anyone else is having difficulty, here was my solution: I finally searched my entire drive for "MusicBee" and deleted everything I could find in subfolders of the Users folder, except for the contents of %AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee. Then I manually copied the new mb_LyricsReloaded.dll file into its proper position in %AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee\plugins and ran MusicBee. In doing this, I lost all my settings, but it did fix the weird uninstall errors and let me uninstall and then properly reinstall Lyrics Reloaded 1.2.0.7. Also, this caused MusicBee to create new settings files in %AppData%\Roaming\MusicBee that weren't there before.
Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 04:14:31 AM by Thopter

Thopter

Also, there might be a minor error in the Genius retrieval regex. It leaves a bit of detritus when removing advertisement data: <inread-ad></inread-ad>.

Example: For the track Hey Boy, Hey Girl by The Chemical Brothers, 1.2.0.7 retrieves the following from Genius, which has an error near the end:
Code
Hey girls, B-boys
Superstar DJs, here we go!
Hey girls, B-boys
Hey girls, B-boys
Hey girls, B-boys
Hey girls, B-boys

Hey girls, B-boys

Hey girls, B-boys

(Pleasure, you will get-get-get)

Here we go!
Here we go!

Hey girls, B-boys
(Here we go!)
<inread-ad></inread-ad>Here we go!
Here we go!

Source: Genius

The line <inread-ad></inread-ad>Here we go! should simply read Here we go!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Also, this is a really minor aside, but the readme.txt for the current version has an incorrect path for where to place the providers files.
The three MB installs each save their data in different locations.
The one used in the readMe is the Portable Version location (which is the most common installation type, I believe).
I think there's additional info in the readMe about going to help > about > open appData folder  which leads to the right location in any of the installations.

...problems with updating the plugin when using the store version of MusicBee...
Yeah, from what I hear, patching the Store version of MusicBee (or any other app) is not the easiest of tasks (both MB and Plugin wise).

Also, there might be a minor error in the Genius retrieval regex.
I will address this over the weekend if I can't get to it during the week.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hi, is there a way to create an option, perhaps via settings.ini, to have LyricsReloaded check the "mark as having no lyrics" box when no lyrics are found? I assume this would just be setting a tag value, though I'm not sure what the tag is or what the value is.
The "mark as having no lyrics" value was/is saved in the MusicBee database the last time I checked. So we would probably have to involve Steven (MB's developer) on this one.

I imagine you would want such a setting applying to any other lyrics plugin as well? If so, then this would have to be a global MB setting which you can request in the wishlist board of the forum.

More importantly, have uu considered how this would result in a lot of false positives? i.e tracks being marked as having no lyrics when the providers actually have them, but perhaps returning "no lyrics found" due to the site being temporarily down, or being updated that causes the provider to break, or the site temporarily banning your IP address due to overuse, etc.

sveakul

More importantly, have uu considered how this would result in a lot of false positives? i.e tracks being marked as having no lyrics when the providers actually have them, but perhaps returning "no lyrics found" due to the site being temporarily down, or being updated that causes the provider to break, or the site temporarily banning your IP address due to overuse, etc.
Yes, BAD IDEA, for all the reasons stated above.  Also I would add that keeping the plugin up-to-date and functioning for the retrieval of accurate lyrics from many sources should be the primary (I would argue, ONLY) function, not attempting to intertwine it with the additional mission of creating custom library values, flagging, etc. etc.  Why kludge up an already well-oiled machine with functionality best performed elsewhere, even if that means manually.

Thopter

The "mark as having no lyrics" value was/is saved in the MusicBee database the last time I checked. So we would probably have to involve Steven (MB's developer) on this one.

Oh, in that case nevermind. I assumed it was just storing some kind of data in the lyrics field, or maybe a binary has-lyrics field or something. I don't want to seek anything that would mess with the program's data/database.

I imagine you would want such a setting applying to any other lyrics plugin as well? If so, then this would have to be a global MB setting which you can request in the wishlist board of the forum.

Hmm, I will consider it, but it sounds like it would be more trouble than it's worth. Especially if it doesn't save data to the files themselves.

Indeed, a simiilar concern was why I suggested it only as an optional settings.ini setting (so the user has to choose to do it) instead of a default behavior (which would be bad for the reasons you list). But even an optional setting feels like an iffy/bad idea to me if it's not just plunking some default value into the file's lyrics field / some related field.

Yes, BAD IDEA, for all the reasons stated above.  Also I would add that keeping the plugin up-to-date and functioning for the retrieval of accurate lyrics from many sources should be the primary (I would argue, ONLY) function, not attempting to intertwine it with the additional mission of creating custom library values, flagging, etc. etc.  Why kludge up an already well-oiled machine with functionality best performed elsewhere, even if that means manually.

Yeah, when I made the suggestion,. I figured it was probably just MusicBee using the lyrics field creatively (maybe storing a '0' or something). Now that I've learned it's not directly tied to a field in the file data, it seems like a bad idea (and also unrelated to LyricsReloaded's purview) so I retract it.

Thopter

Also, there might be a minor error in the Genius retrieval regex.
I will address this over the weekend if I can't get to it during the week.

Cool. Let me add, because it's possibly related: lyrics for Steely Dan are keeping the ad line intact in the returned lyrics from Genius (but not the <adline> thing I mentioned earlier). This seems like a weird quirk, because LyricsReloaded is not returning an ad line for other artists in my collection. Here is the returned value for Do It Again by Steely Dan, which has an advertisement insert "See Steely Dan LiveGet tickets as low as $33" at line 22 / the last line of paragraph 3:
Code
In the mornin' you go gunnin'
For the man who stole your water
And you fire 'til he is done in
But they catch you at the border
And the mourners are all sangin'
As they drag you by your feet
But the hangman isn't hangin'
And they put you on the street

Yeah, you go back, Jack, do it again
Wheel turnin' 'round and 'round
You go back, Jack, do it again

When you know she's no high climber
Then you find your only friend
In a room with your two timer
And you're sure you're near the end
Then you love a little wild one
And she brings you only sorrow
All the time you know she's smilin'
You'll be on your knees tomorrow
See Steely Dan LiveGet tickets as low as $33

Now you swear and kick and beg us
That you're not a gambling man
Then you find you're back in Vegas
With a handle in your hand
Your black cards can make you money
So you hide them when you're able
In the land of milk and honey
You must put them on the table

Source: Genius
Every Steely Dan song in my collection had a similar line, but I haven't seen it in the lyrics returned for any other artist.

I mention all this only in case it might help with debugging. I want to emphasize, I'm really grateful for LyricsReloaded and all your work on it; I think it's an amazing tool.
Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:42:49 PM by Thopter