Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 62746 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is there any way you could add support for Musixmatch/Spotify's synced lyrics? (Spotify sources their lyrics from Musixmatch)
After some digging online, I was able to find this GitHub repo: (https://github.com/akashrchandran/syrics-web)
It seems he was successfully able to extract .lrc files from Spotify.
Is the linked website still running well?
I don't use Spotify and have just tried downloading the lyrics using that site, but it didn't seem to find anything.
Does one have to be logged in or something?

Edit:
...first signs indicate that it may be beyond the capabilities of this plugin.
Sorry man, I don't think synced Musixmatch/Spotify lyrics are gonna be a possibility with this plugin anytime soon.
I checked it out last night and it's a tough nut to crack.
Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 06:15:48 AM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
could you please take a look at the Built-in Genius provider when you have chance, it seems to have stopped working recently?
Should be working fine now if you redownload the plugin.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Sekt0r

Dzib

Sorry to ask if it has been answered already but despite searching this thread, I couldn't find an answer : How to retrieve lyrics for a song if the title contains parentheses. It means that the title will be cropped and the lyrics won't be found....

hiccup

How to retrieve lyrics for a song if the title contains parentheses. It means that the title will be cropped and the lyrics won't be found....
It might help if you provided a specific example of a song that others can test.

Dzib

How to retrieve lyrics for a song if the title contains parentheses. It means that the title will be cropped and the lyrics won't be found....
It might help if you provided a specific example of a song that others can test.

Melancholy (Holy Martyr) by Iced Earth
Not found on Genius

hiccup

Not found on Genius
Strange, for me it does get found at the first attempt:

And my title even has two phrases that are between parentheses:

Are you using a recent version of the plugin?
(the current one being 1.2.0.6)
Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 09:15:58 PM by hiccup

Dzib

Not found on Genius
Strange, I get this:

Are you using a recent version of the plugin?
(the most current being 1.2.0.6)

Yes, the latest version

hiccup

Yes, the latest version

Can you post the exact song title you have in code?

This is what I tested this on, and as you saw, for me it works:

Code
Melancholy (Holy Martyr) (live)

Cannibull

Is there any way you could add support for Musixmatch/Spotify's synced lyrics? (Spotify sources their lyrics from Musixmatch)
After some digging online, I was able to find this GitHub repo: (https://github.com/akashrchandran/syrics-web)
It seems he was successfully able to extract .lrc files from Spotify.
Is the linked website still running well?
I don't use Spotify and have just tried downloading the lyrics using that site, but it didn't seem to find anything.
Does one have to be logged in or something?

Edit:
...first signs indicate that it may be beyond the capabilities of this plugin.
Sorry man, I don't think synced Musixmatch/Spotify lyrics are gonna be a possibility with this plugin anytime soon.
I checked it out last night and it's a tough nut to crack.

It broke recently when Spotify paywalled their lyrics. It used to reliably find lyrics for almost any song.

I don't know if this helps at all, but I'll include it regardless. I found this Foobar plugin that can automatically scan your library and output .lrc files from Musixmatch. It requires a user token to work and it is pretty hit or miss but it still works after the Spotify paywall.

Plugin: https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_openlyrics
How to get the required token: https://spicetify.app/docs/faq/#sometimes-popup-lyrics-andor-lyrics-plus-seem-to-not-work (Steps 1-5)

Dzib

Yes, the latest version

Can you post the exact song title you have in code?

Code
Melancholy (Holy Martyr) (live)

In the log, i have this :
Code
30/09/2023 05:08:40 [DEBUG] Lyrics request: Iced Earth - Melancholy - Something Wicked This Way Comes - Genius
30/09/2023 05:08:40 [INFO] Genius tries to load the lyrics...
30/09/2023 05:08:40 [DEBUG] The constructed URL: https://genius.com/iced-earth-melancholy-lyrics
30/09/2023 05:08:40 [FAIL] no lyrics found from Genius

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Not found on Genius
Melancholy (Holy Martyr) (live) by Iced Earth
In the <Title> tag, MusicBee automatically removes the last parenthesized portion before sending it to the plugin:
This is largely helpful, except ofc in a few instances like your title above - see here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=31635.0

Melancholy (Holy Martyr) is submitted to the plugin as Melancholy
and Melancholy (Holy Martyr) (live) as Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

The fuzzy versions of the providers are much more suited for handling tracks with tags that are not an exact match.
Enabling Genius (fuzzy) should pick your song up. You'll want to position it below the normal Genius for optimal results.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I don't know if this helps at all, but I'll include it regardless.
It will help some day for sure. But for now, this plugin only relies on webpages that have the lyrics provided in plain text.
The synchronized versions of the Musixmatch lyrics are not available for viewing on any webpage (just in web-based applications like your Spotify, Instagram, etc.)

The original author of this plugin had structured it in a way that catered for various retrieval methods - static, search, and API.
At the moment, only the first two are implemented. I assume the "token" game you mentioned that other plugins are using is API based?

That would all be new territory for me I'm afraid. I would have to research a few things for which I unfortunately no longer have the kind of time for nowadays.
But yeah, maybe some day, one of us here will be able to get the API side of searching on this plugin going.

Edit:
By the way, on the forum we have somebody who's managed to create Genius and Museexmatch plugins that have direct access.
So you may try contacting slonopot to see if he wouldn't be able to fetch synced lyrics on his side:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=37508.0
Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 03:01:21 PM by Mayibongwe

Dzib

The fuzzy versions of the providers are much more suited for handling tracks with tags that are not an exact match.
Enabling Genius (fuzzy) should pick your song up. You'll want to position it below the normal Genius for optimal results.

I didn't think about the fuzzy version, good advice  :)
Thanks for the tip, now I better understand how the plugin is working  ;)

DrDinosaur

I'm on latest version.

A bunch of providers aren't working.

I get:
Code
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [DEBUG] Loading config from file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers\Lyrics Mode.yml
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [ERROR] Failed to load a configuration:
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [ERROR] Unknown provider type search, skipping
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [DEBUG] Loading config from file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers\Lyrics.yml
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [DEBUG] Loading config from file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers\Lyricsify.yml
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [DEBUG] Loading config from file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers\Megalobiz.yml
10/10/2023 12:38:18 [DEBUG] Loading config from file: C:\Users\X\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers\Metal Archives.yml