Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 62861 times)

boroda

@Mayibongwe, could you implement 2-pass search according to provider's priority: 1-pass searches for synchronized lyrics, if synchronized lyrics are not found, then 2-pass searches for not synchronized lyrics?

phred

• Global Moderator
@Mayibongwe, could you implement 2-pass search according to provider's priority: 1-pass searches for synchronized lyrics, if synchronized lyrics are not found, then 2-pass searches for not synchronized lyrics?
If implemented, please give us the option to retrieve or not retrieve synch'd lyrics. I don't use them and I don't want them.
Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

If implemented, please give us the option to retrieve or not retrieve synch'd lyrics. I don't use them and I don't want them.
Thanks.
+1

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
@Mayibongwe, could you implement 2-pass search according to provider's priority:
1-pass searches for synchronized lyrics, if synchronized lyrics are not found, then 2-pass searches for not synchronized lyrics?
I'm having difficulties understanding the request.

The way the plugin (or MusicBee itself, rather) works at the moment is that it iterates through the providers in the given order till it gets a hit.
Meaning that...if the synced lyrics providers were listed at the top of the pile, then it would first search for lyrics there.
And then when it didn't find them, it would move on to the other unsynced lyrics providers down the list.

You guys most probably already know that. I must be misunderstanding the request.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Havokdan

@Mayibongwe, could you implement 2-pass search according to provider's priority:
1-pass searches for synchronized lyrics, if synchronized lyrics are not found, then 2-pass searches for not synchronized lyrics?

The way the plugin (or MusicBee itself, rather) works at the moment is that it iterates through the providers in the given order till it gets a hit.
Meaning that...if the synced lyrics providers were listed at the top of the pile, then it would first search for lyrics there.
And then when it didn't find them, it would move on to the other unsynced lyrics providers down the list.

You guys most probably already know that. I must be misunderstanding the request.

Perhaps he wants to say that if it is possible to search all providers for synchronized lyrics first, if not, that the search is performed for non-synchronized lyrics.

sveakul

Exactly--and that's way it SHOULD work.  Those who like synced lyrics should simply move the providers that handle those to the top of their list.  They can also add the separate Netease and QQ Music plugins.  My philosophy is let's not mess up something that's already working great by trying to be all things to all people.

boroda

ok, then could you just add synced/unsynced remark (postfix) to provider names?

phred

• Global Moderator
...then could you just add synced/unsynced remark (postfix) to provider names?
This. Then those of us who want no part of synced lyrics can simply uncheck the provider and/or move the provider to the end of the list.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
This. Then those of us who want no part of synced lyrics can simply uncheck the provider and/or move the provider to the end of the list.
Apologies for the delay. That's done now.
I have simply added an asterisk to the synced lyrics providers like so:
It's only these three for now that provide synced lyrics. Suggestions for more are of course, always welcome.

-   Lyricsify*
-   Megalobiz*
-   RC Lyrics Band*
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Cannibull

Apologies for the delay. That's done now.
I have simply added an asterisk to the synced lyrics providers like so:
It's only these three for now that provide synced lyrics. Suggestions for more are of course, always welcome.

-   Lyricsify*
-   Megalobiz*
-   RC Lyrics Band*

Is there any way you could add support for Musixmatch/Spotify's synced lyrics? (Spotify sources their lyrics from Musixmatch)
After some digging online, I was able to find this GitHub repo: (https://github.com/akashrchandran/syrics-web)
It seems he was successfully able to extract .lrc files from Spotify. This approach has served me well for my favorite albums and artists, however, when it comes to my larger library it is far too time consuming to consider a viable solution. Downloading and embedding the files manually takes a long time, and I am unaware of any solution that can embed .lrc files into .flac files en masse. I would really appreciate it if you considered adding Musixmatch/Spotify as a synced lyrics provider. :)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Gonna look into it some more, but first signs indicate that it may be beyond the capabilities of this plugin.

Sekt0r

Hey @Mayibongwe, could you please take a look at the Built-in Genius provider when you have chance, it seems to have stopped working recently?
After trying a few tracks and it not working, I went back and tested a song that worked fine about 2 weeks ago but it's no longer finding it now (song name/url below).

Tinashe - Gravity
(https://genius.com/Tinashe-gravity-lyrics)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hi Sekt0r. Sure. Will have a look over the weekend.
(along with the request from Cannibull - had forgotten about that)

sveakul

Hey @Mayibongwe, could you please take a look at the Built-in Genius provider when you have chance, it seems to have stopped working recently?
After trying a few tracks and it not working, I went back and tested a song that worked fine about 2 weeks ago but it's no longer finding it now (song name/url below).

Tinashe - Gravity
(https://genius.com/Tinashe-gravity-lyrics)
Same here.  FWIW, the Beenius plugin still works fine.

The custom Genius script for AIMP is also currently not working.(fixed!)  However, those for OpenLyrics, ESLyric, and LSP3-multisource for Foobar are.  Info presented in case it may help diagnose the MusicBee script.
Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 06:39:55 PM by sveakul

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
My bad. The YML's I gave you earlier were not actually from the latest built-in versions.
Try these ones (both #1 and #2 should be fixed for you):

Code
Six months between the last two Genius breakdowns - not bad at all!
When I started, I thought the providers would be misbehaving more often than this. Nice to know we've had a smooth ride so far.

I'll rebuild the plugin tomorrow evening as those files are on a different pc to the one I'm logged in with now.
Those who want to use the fix right now can follow the quoted link to access the latest Genius yml and then change the lyrics pattern to:

['<div data-lyrics-container="true" class="Lyrics__Container-sc-1ynbvzw-.*?">(?<lyrics>.*)<div class="LyricsFooter__Container.*?">', 's']