Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 59271 times)

Appie Thrasher

So I just came across this extension and like to try it out.. So i followed the readme in the .zip. installed the plugin fine.
But cant seem to find the "...\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers" folder ??
Someone willing to explain to me were to find this?

Thanks

Appie

hiccup

But cant seem to find the "...\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers" folder ??
Depending on what type of MusicBee install you did, check this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.0

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Did you use the most recent version that I pm'ed you?
I notice a small difference with my version. (that will format commas also)
Looks like I wasn't. This is how it should appear right?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

hiccup

Looks like I wasn't. This is how it should appear right?
Yep.
But let me know if you prefer anything different. It's you that is currently doing the most work on the LyricsReloaded yml's.
So I am happy to tweak the udl anyway you'd like.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
It's already perfect as it is tbh...10x better looking than what I had initially - thanks a lot for that.
If I ever I do think of a little suggestion for improvement, I'll shout it out.

I'm just happy the websites haven't "misbehaved" in a long while.
Once they start, I'll be working on the yml's a lot and will add more comments on the UDL then.

SimonP

Sorry, really dumb question from a complete newbie to MB. I installed LyricsReloaded as instructed, I can see it in Prefs / Tags (2) and Prefs / Plugins but I cannot work out how to actually view the lyrics! I don't see any buttons and I've been through the settings but can't see anything there. I saw something online saying that it should appear in the button next to the search box but even after re-starting MB there's nothing about lyrics there.

Please help?

(MusicBee 3.4.8033 and LyricsReloaded 1.2.0.4 on Windows 10 Pro)

frankz

The button next to the search box brings up the layout editor. When you're on the Now Playing screen, you can use this to add the lyrics panel to that view.

If you are saving the lyrics to your files, you'll also be able to view each song's lyrics in that files tag editor on the lyrics tab.

Many (all?) Theater Mode views also display lyrics during playback via a toggle.

SimonP

Thanks Frankz, I hadn't thought to go to the Now Playing screen as I often use it to play individual tracks.

I've just discovered how to add the lyrics to the Right Main Panel of the Music screen and that's perfect for me.
Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 05:15:30 AM by SimonP

Kihon

So I just came across this extension and like to try it out.. So i followed the readme in the .zip. installed the plugin fine.
Depending on what type of MusicBee install you did, check this:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36875.0
Someone willing to explain to me were to find this?

Thanks

Appie
TLDR:
If you can't find folder for providers try here;
"C:\Users\Ciaran\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers" where "Ciaran" is "your" username.

Same here checked the link and it says plugins in one of these
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\MusicBee\Plugins"
or
"%APPDATA%\MusicBee\Plugins"
but no
...\MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers folder.

I have "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins" and this contains mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll file but there are no subfolders, eg "\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers"

Also the link for the folder locations show a lot of locations as "%APPDATA%/MusicBee". However in APPDATA under Users/%Usernane% there is no MusicBee folder just the usual "Local", "LocalLow" and "Roaming" folders. I checked in all these and in "Roaming" found "..\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers" which I assume is the folder! The full path being; "C:\Users\Ciaran\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\mb_LyricsReloaded\providers" where "Ciaran" is "your" username.
Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 10:30:47 PM by Kihon

boroda

maybe it's worth to change installation instructions for additional providers to "click Help> Suppprt> Open AppData Folder"....

both portable and installer mb versions will automatically open correct folder location.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Great suggestion Boroda - I have made that addition to the installation instructions in the add-on read me.

Astro Gaze

Hey guys,

I'm having two issues. I'm not sure if they're related, but here goes...

Issue #1: Genius is first on my settings list. Sometimes when I get lyrics retrieved from Genius, either in the middle or at the end of the lyrics an extra line will be included that says "You may also like" / "You might also like". I have songs with both wordings. Sometimes I'll also see "See (input artist name) Live Get tickets as low as $76" If you Genius search those songs on desktop/laptop, you'll see that it's part of Genius' promo system. But you won't see them if you search using the Genius app or a mobile browser. As for the lyrics panel, a quick right click shows "Lyrics Source: GENIUS".

Could you remove these promo system lines from results?

P.s. This phenomenon also happens when the plugin is disabled, and MusicBee's native retrieval source Chartlyrics, is active. Right click still shows "Lyrics Source: GENIUS". It's odd, but I can only assume Chartlyrics gets it's results from Genius.

Issue #2: With the plugin enabled, lyrics panel open, and a song with no lyrics is played, results are not auto-retrieved from the plugin. Lyrics appear, but I can only assume they are retrieved from somewhere else. Maybe MusicBee's native retrieval source? I have to right click > Delete Lyrics and Redo Search, to get the plugin to kick in.

I have tested this by activating lyrics source at the bottom, and looking at the log. When lyrics are auto-retrieved from the playing track, the first results don't show the source at the bottom. Also, the log doesn't have an entry for that moment in time.  If I right click > Delete Lyrics and Redo Search, the next results will show source at the bottom and there will be a log entry.

If I disable the plugin, MusicBee's native Tag(2) lyrics retrieval setting is to get it from Chartlyrics. When I run the test again from blank lyrics, it gives me the same lyric result from when I first played the song and the plugin was active, above.

How can I get the enabled plugin to pull results from the moment I play a song?

A little about my setup:
Windows 10 Laptop
MusicBee version 3.5.8297. Installed with installer.
Plugin version 1.2.0.4
MB and Plugin updated yesterday, and all issues retested before posting.

I hope I explained everything precisely. But if you need screenshots, I can provide them.

Thanks for reading!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello Astro,

For #1, Can you give me a song example that I can look at? That would make things easier for me.
I've looked at a couple of random tracks from my side using the current 1.2.0.4 plugin version and I can't spot any of those Genius promo lines.

P.s. This phenomenon also happens when the plugin is disabled, and MusicBee's native retrieval source Chartlyrics, is active.
Right click still shows "Lyrics Source: GENIUS". It's odd, but I can only assume Chartlyrics gets it's results from Genius.
The only plausible explanation that I can think of is that those genius lyrics were probably already saved to the music file.
The lyrics auto-retrieve setting only applies to tracks without lyrics.
So if some genius lyrics were already saved/linked to the file, MusicBee wouldn't have been looking at chartlyrics to begin with.

If I disable the plugin, MusicBee's native Tag(2) lyrics retrieval setting is to get it from Chartlyrics.
When I run the test again from blank lyrics, it gives me the same lyric result from when I first played the song and the plugin was active, above.

How can I get the enabled plugin to pull results from the moment I play a song?
For #2, judging by the first search results, that means MusicBee is conducting its first search from chartlyrics right?
I can't see how that would be possible given that you said Genius is configured as your primary provider.

If your chartlyrics is disabled and the plugin providers are enabled, do you get intended results?
(first retrieved lyrics showing the source at the bottom, meaning they're from the plugin?)

If that doesn't quite address what you're reporting, I'll only be able to have a thorough look on the weekend.

sveakul

Issue #1: Genius is first on my settings list. Sometimes when I get lyrics retrieved from Genius, either in the middle or at the end of the lyrics an extra line will be included that says "You may also like" / "You might also like". I have songs with both wordings. Sometimes I'll also see "See (input artist name) Live Get tickets as low as $76" If you Genius search those songs on desktop/laptop, you'll see that it's part of Genius' promo system. But you won't see them if you search using the Genius app or a mobile browser. As for the lyrics panel, a quick right click shows "Lyrics Source: GENIUS".

Could you remove these promo system lines from results?
The "you may also like" phrases were removed a while back, and I personally haven't seen any since, of course they may be using a different trick now.  Check that the plugin file is indeed version 1.2.0.4.  The ticket prices thing was reported by me a while back (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=36952.msg205438#msg205438), but is very rare and I don't worry about it any more.

Chartlyrics has nothing to do with Genius and isn't even an actual part of the mb_LyricsReloaded plugin.  It sounds like you are using auto-retrieve/save.  Try deleting the contents of the MusicBee lyrics cache folder ("C:\MusicBee\AppData\InternalCache\Lyrics" in my portable install) and see if the problem persists.  I posted a batch script to do this as wanted a while back in this thread, take a look for it.  I do it at every shutdown.

I also should note that the separate "Beenius" Genius plugin, that co-exists fine with LyricsReloaded, uses an API search technique and is not affected by the promo messages (https://github.com/slonopot/Beenius).

belomeclone

Hi there. I recently updated the LyricsReloaded plugin after using one from a year ago without Genius built in, relying on a custom-made Genius add-in. The new Genius scraper seems to be ignoring the text that is inside brackets. Genius uses [Verse 1] [Chorus], so LyricsReloaded skipping it is throwing me off. The old plugin and old Genius scraper did not ignore it. Is it part of avoiding the extra junk?

I researched for a song that had lyric data from the old plugin (Genius 2022-1-27) and the [Verse 1] [Chorus] data disappeared.

Can this be fixed? Thank you!