Author Topic: LyricsReloaded (Latest)  (Read 59255 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
But if it's too much of a struggle, and the "SUCCESS <provider> is easier, I can live with that.
To avoid introducing new bugs at this early stage of the new plugin version, I will keep things simple and go with the 'searching the log' compromise.
Over time, I'm sure I'll be able to do something about providing a setting for what's been discussed.

In the meantime, if you re-download the plugin, the log file now outputs:
[FAIL] no lyrics found from <provider> and [SUCCESS] lyrics found from <provider>
Before the change, it was showing [DEBUG] in both cases.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

phred

• Global Moderator
To avoid introducing new bugs at this early stage of the new plugin version, I will keep things simple and go with the 'searching the log' compromise.
Over time, I'm sure I'll be able to do something about providing a setting for what's been discussed.
That's understandable.

In the meantime, if you re-download the plugin, the log file now outputs:
[FAIL] no lyrics found from <provider> and [SUCCESS] lyrics found from <provider>
Perfect! It's easy enough to search for "SUCCESS" when I want to see where the lyrics came from.

Thanks for implementing this. And I look forward to having the source displayed with the lyrics sometime down the road.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
And I look forward to having the source displayed with the lyrics sometime down the road.
Turns out there wasn't a lot complicated to it. So I've gone ahead and provided a setting for this - it's not in the UI though.

To get the retrieved lyrics showing where they came from:
- Re-download the latest version (v1.1.15.2) and move it to the plugins folder.
- Open MusicBee and a mb_LyricsReloaded.ini settings file will be created in ...MusicBee\AppData\mb_LyricsReloaded .
- Open that file and change the <showSource> setting to 'true'.

You only ever need to do this once. Going forward, all retrieved lyrics will have a "Source: <provider>" at the bottom, when this setting is enabled.

phred

• Global Moderator
Turns out there wasn't a lot complicated to it. So I've gone ahead and provided a setting for this - it's not in the UI though.
This is really, really, REALLY great. Thanks so much for adding this.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Glad to know it's working fine for me and you without any issues.
Hope that will be the case for everyone else.

phred

• Global Moderator
For those who don't care where the lyrics come from, they need to do nothing. The change is transparent.
For those who do care, as long as they spell "true" correctly in the ini file, there won't be any problems.
Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 05:52:17 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Glad to know it's working fine for me and you without any issues.
This really IS nice.  I know I'm going out on a limb here, but is there any chance there could be an option to show the source line at the TOP of the lyrics instead of at the end?  So as to tell immediately where they're from without needing to scroll down for those not fitting the pane.  If not, no biggie!

hiccup

is there any chance there could be an option to show the source line at the TOP of the lyrics instead of at the end?
I wouldn't object to having that as an option, but not as a change.

phred

• Global Moderator
This really IS nice.  I know I'm going out on a limb here, but is there any chance there could be an option to show the source line at the TOP of the lyrics instead of at the end?  So as to tell immediately where they're from without needing to scroll down for those not fitting the pane.  If not, no biggie!
I didn't want to be the one to ask, but since you did, I'll give this a +1 as I'd prefer it at the top also. And if not doable, it's not a deal-breaker.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
...but is there any chance there could be an option to show the source line at the TOP of the lyrics instead of at the end?
Adding settings is now straightforward. Re-download the new version and change <showSourcePosition> to "top".
By default, the source will be positioned at the bottom (provided it is set to be displayed at all, that is).
I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it should work without problems as it's using the same functions as the previous setting.

sveakul

Works GREAT, nice to see it accomodates all preferences, many thanks Mayibongwe!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Awesome. The pleasure's all mine. This is the MusicBee world after all.
Making things as highly customizable as possible is the name of the game around here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Re-download the new version and change <showSourcePosition> to "top".
GIDDY-YUP!!!
Very nicely done. Thanks for not making us patiently wait.  :-)

Now for the real test to see if Google is better than the previous providers. I've got 2821 tracks that are missing lyrics. Although I will admit a good number of them may be instrumentals. I'll report back when completed.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
I'll report back when completed.
In about an hour I found 152 lyrics out of 2821 missing. Again, there are probably a good deal of instrumentals or spoken word tracks there. But before Google was a plugin provider, running the 2800+ tracks would perhaps turn up less than ten. So this is an additional success.

Now to find the motivation to go through the remaining track to determine if there instrumentals or not.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

GoodMorning

The new Google provider seems to have fixed an issue that has annoyed me for a long time: songs with parentheses in the title will now (almost) always return a match, whereas before it rarely ever worked. So thanks for that!