Author Topic: Album art not showing up after moving files to a new computer  (Read 360 times)

Vinndalf

I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong but I can't figure out what. I think I have configured MusicBee to expect album art to appear as a file called folder.jpg in the same folder as the music file. You can see to the right a folder with a folder.jpg file. And you can see at the top that MusicBee is not finding the album art. (Yes, I did rescan.)

The problem is not particular to this one folder.jpg file. I have thousands of music files and a lot of folder.jpg files, and at the moment none of them is appearing in MusicBee.

This used to work and I'm sure it will again. I just moved all my files to a new computer and installed MusicBee there, and that's when the trouble started. So it's very likely that I'm just missing some configuration setting on the new machine.

Steven

• Administrator
by default folder.jpg is not included.
By adding folder.jpg to the retrieval preferences, it only applies to new files or rescanned files
The quickest way is to re-edit the picture types retrieval list and click the 'Rescan' button

Vinndalf

Thanks Steven. Did not realize the setting applies only to new files. As I said in the first post, however, I have already run rescan.