Author Topic: Files are added multiple times to library and/or inbox  (Read 438 times)

so_la_la

Hi, i was trying to add mp3-files to the library but some appear multiple times (ie two folders out of twenty).
I have stripped these files of their original tags, let them run through desiccate, renamed them and renamed and moved the folder they are in.
The mp3 of two albums appear ca. 10 times no matter whether I add them to the inbox or whether I just move them to my music folder. I cannot figure out what is wrong with these files.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Zak

• Global Moderator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
10 copies definitely sounds like a cue sheet, but can't say for sure without the tag editor.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

so_la_la

Hi, thank you for your replies.
There WAS a cue sheet in the APE-tag I hadn't seen. I have removed all APE-tags but it still displays multiple files. APE-tags are now empty. It still displays the files so often which is not the case with another set of files that had similar problems and received the same treatment.

https://gifyu.com/image/SN0SM
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

so_la_la

Oh, I saw that there is an option "Remove the Cue Sheet" -  sloppy reading sorry. However I don't understand why I was able to manually remove the cue sheet from the one files but obviously not from the other ones (is this English?)