Author Topic: When I move a folder the cover doesn't show until I reset artwork cache  (Read 637 times)

scatterkeir

When I move a folder (or rather, a bunch of folders) within my monitored music folder the monitoring keeps track of the audio files fine but the cover art doesn't show for those albums until I run a 'reset artwork cache'. Is there anyway I can avoid that? Even if there's no way for it to automatically keep track of the artwork too if there's a way I could manually scan just the affected folders rather than all of my music that would be great, because what makes it a little irritating for me is that 'reset artwork cache' takes a long time to run through my library, and I wouldn't really mind doing something manually that didn't take so long.

Steven

• Administrator

Zak

• Global Moderator
I have always had the same issue when I move folders outside of MusicBee.
It will recognise that the files have moved but album art stops working.
I fix it using Send To > File Rescan, which means you can fix just those files instead of having to reset the entire cache.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
@Zak, have you tried using a recent v3.5 patch version. It should be working.
Just did a simple test to confirm but if its not working let me know the steps you used

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'm running 3.5.8150 P.
The artwork thing never bothered me that much because the fix was simple, but I'll try the newer version.
Bee excellent to each other...

scatterkeir

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but this is the first time I've moved folders this way since getting this patched version - it does indeed seem to have fixed it, thank you.