Author Topic: Adding Files To Library  (Read 433 times)

Disused_Yeti

Hi,
I'm having trouble adding files to my library when I scan for them. I drag and drop my files in folders into the music folder, and I used to scan all folders. MB would pick them up automatically, but now, while I can see them in their folders when I search for them, they aren't automatically added. I can manually add them using add files, but wondering if there is a way for regular scans to add files to the library. I'm pretty sure I have it set up correctly. My MB installation stopped picking them up a while ago, so I uninstalled it and used the portable version, but that didn't work either. While I'm slowly getting used to the controls, this one is eluding me at the moment. Thanks in advance.

phred

• Global Moderator
Taking a quick look at your settings (thanks for posting a screenshot) you do have "continuously monitor" enabled, but you haven't set your file paths. Click on "choose folders" and add the file paths that you want monitored for new files. Decide if you want the new files automatically added to your library or your inbox.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Disused_Yeti

Hi Phred,
Thanks for that, it worked! Slowly getting used to the controls, but the "add files" command eluded me. I suspect sorting subgenres will be my next problem (like Classical: Renaissance, Classical: Medieval etc. as well as albums, live, singles. It's a great program, but a bit of a time sink if you're slightly obsessive about ordered libraries. Much appreciated :-)

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad it worked.

Be sure to search the forum before you drop into the sinkhole of organizing your classical collection. There are a number of threads dealing suggestions on how to do it as it's not as straight forward as it is with non-classical music.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here