Author Topic: How to remove file from file organiser  (Read 371 times)

Mr. Trev

I'm doing some spring cleaning on my library.
Had a bunch of files that needed to be run through the organiser, but I ended up with one file that errored out because "the system cannot find the file specified". OK fine, the file really doesn't exist. But I've rescanned the album/artist a few times and also compressed the library but the file still keeps appearing in the file organiser window

Playing around, I think this may be a bug?
When I go into preferences>library>organisation the file will appear in the list as needing to be moved. However if I select all my files (ctrl-a) and use tools>organise files then nothing appears as needing to be moved

Thoughts?

<edit> I'm using v.3.6.8857 P

phred

• Global Moderator
Try compressing the library:
Tools > Advanced > Compress Library

Next time:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=40804.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mr. Trev

I mentioned I tried compressing in my OP. It removed ~7000 entries, but that one still keeps showing up

phred

• Global Moderator
I mentioned I tried compressing in my OP. It removed
Oops, so you did.

Might the file be read-only?
Have you searched the forum? I feel this issue has come up before.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
It might sound a bit obvious, but check the path of the errant file in the Tag Editor and make sure MusicBee isn't finding a copy in a recycle bin or other unexpected location.
Bee excellent to each other...

Mr. Trev

I mentioned I tried compressing in my OP. It removed
Oops, so you did.

Might the file be read-only?
Have you searched the forum? I feel this issue has come up before.

I also tried the locate missing files tool - no files are missing from my library
The file definitely doesn't exist any more. I even did a search through Windows to make sure it wasn't hidden or anything.
The closest issue i found in my search was using the compress library tool - which has worked for me before.

The weird thing is that particular file will only get listed when I go into prefs and the auto-organise setup. If I just use ctrl-r to bring up the file reorganise menu it isn't there

tjinc

Check that there are no 'missing files' in the audiobook or video nodes of the library (even if you do not use them, a file may have been sent there by accident).

Mr. Trev

Did a deep dive. Turns out the offending file had been ticked as hidden in the duplicates manager - that's why it wasn't being picked up in any rescan.
I don't even remember why I hid it in the first place, and the file had been deleted ages ago

Steven

• Administrator
I'm a bit confused what exactly you did so unsure if there is a bug.
How were you running this file through the file organiser if it was hidden from the main panel?

Mr. Trev

I'm a bit confused what exactly you did so unsure if there is a bug.
How were you running this file through the file organiser if it was hidden from the main panel?

Not entirely sure myself. It didn't appear before. I just noticed after I updated to one of the 3.6 builds (it could've happened before the version I mentioned in the first post).

Like I said, when I go into the preferences and setup the file organisation, the file would appear right at the top of the list - along with any other files that needed to be reorganised. Alternatively, using ctrl-R to bring up the file organiser, the file wouldn't appear. I don't know why just this one track stuck around - the remaining album tracks got deleted from the library, regardless of being hidden.

I got it sorted now (unchecked it in duplicates so it wasn't hidden, and finally deleted from the library), so I doubt it's worth you burning any calories looking into it further