Author Topic: Improve Theater Mode in MusicBee  (Read 1316 times)

jferdz

I'm looking for a way to make MusicBee my default Platform for music playback, but I can't make it look totally fine, and the problem is that MusicBee keeps showing me random images that don't meet the standards I'm looking to display on my living room television, below I give you some examples of what my ideal configuration would be like.

MusicBee should have an option to filter the images that it shows on screen and also stop the reproduction of images in theater mode, I published it a few days ago HERE, but my post had no replies so I guess no one else has asked this Before or the MusicBee team is not interested in implementing these options.

Steven

• Administrator
if you want a high level of control, your best bet is to disable "retrieve web pictures" from the Now Playing/ Customise Panel settings dialog and download your own artist pictures in the artist pictures folder (Preferences/ Tags(1)/ artist pictures location). Use the artist name for the picture eg. ABBA.jpg

Will Pittenger

I've been unable to find the Customize button mentioned in that link.  The only customize button in that part of Preferences is for the popup notification window.
Will Pittenger

Will Pittenger

I went there and saw nothing relevant.
Will Pittenger

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I went there and saw nothing relevant.
The 'retrieve web pictures' option will show up under 'main panel' in the same configuration window, but only when it is accessed from the 'artist picture' theater mode.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Will Pittenger

Well, for me, it's downloading covers even when I have local files and embedded thumbnails.
Will Pittenger

BoringName

This probably doesn't fully solve your problem but it might help.

1. You can right click an image and select "ban Image". I assume this means it will never be displayed again.
2. You can right click an image and choose to save it. This will save it to what you have in settings, for me this is C:\users\username\music\musicbee\artist pictures\Artist Name.jpg

The image saved in this folder is the first one to show up when starting theater mode. And you can right click the picture and suspend artwork rotation.

So you should be able to go through each artist, right click and select next picture until you find one that meets your criteria, save it and you are good to go.

Or you could just dump your own pictures into the artist pictures folder saved as <artist name>.jpg

Steven

• Administrator
MB wouldnt download album covers if the file already has any artwork linked - that includes the theater mode plugin.
Perhaps you are referring to artist pictures, MB doesnt look for embedded artist pictures and will download if none already downloaded

Will Pittenger

1. You can right click an image and select "ban Image". I assume this means it will never be displayed again.
That's never worked.
Will Pittenger

frankz

That's never worked.
Of course it works.  Your computer has a whole list of banned artist images (Banned Pictures.dat) if you want to check.

The situation may exist, though, that the same picture is very popular and exists in different forms across multiple sites or the site hosting the picture changes the URL for it.  MB wouldn't recognize those as the same picture.