Author Topic: Synchronize MusicBee playlists with Spotify  (Read 2642 times)

mandrid

I was able to export my playlist as an M3U file, but that only contained file names. When I tried to upload my playlist file to a third party website to create a Spotify playlist, it butchered probably 30% of the matches, which really kinda defeated the purpose of trying to automate this task.

The problem seems to be mostly that the M3U file was completely lacking metadata. This made matching extremely difficult, if not impossible.

I think that MusicBee would be much more able to match songs in the local library, to songs in Spotify, thanks to all of the metadata. And then it would be easy to sync playlists up and down.

One of the reasons for doing this would be being able to (legally) share a playlist with friends, when those friends might have Spotify but not actually own any local music.

Another reason might be to take advantage of Spotify's song suggestions, which could analyze songs that you've marked as "Loved" on their platform, and then suggest new songs and artists.

phred

• Global Moderator
A playlist is nothing more than a text file containing the local path to the tracks. Tagging is done within each track, not in the playlist.

I don't know the workings of Spotify, but I would think you would need to not only upload your playlist, but also your properly tagged tracks (music files.) And I don't know if Spotify allows that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

If you're talking about soundiiz, you're much better off copying the tags into a text file using Musicbee's clipboard (Set using 'Send to' clipboard tags in preferences Tags(2)) and in the format/order and delimited as proscribed by Soundiiz. Highlight all the songs in the playlist, right click, send to clipboard and then paste into a text file and upload that to Soundiiz. I've done this hundreds of times without trouble.

SylasHarris

I always create a collection of music hits that I like. And I listen exclusively on the Spotify streaming platform. And using spotify promotion (https://artistpush.me/collections/spotify-promotion) allows you to get a lot of listens in a short period of time, which is very important for new songs.
Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 07:53:26 AM by SylasHarris