Poll

Should I add Musixmatch Lyrics support?

Sure
19 (95%)
Nope
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Beenius - Genius for MusicBee  (Read 17813 times)

slonopot

Get an update here. It will most likely fix the behavior when the plugin is used alongside other lyrics providers.

brazyj

Can you add some code to remove [Intro], [Verse], and stuff like that

slonopot

Can you add some code to remove [Intro], [Verse], and stuff like that

GeniusClient.cs, line 199
Code
result = Regex.Replace(result, @"\[.*\]\r?\n", string.Empty);

or use Museexmatch, it doesn't have these.
Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 01:51:01 PM by slonopot

slonopot

Nevermind, found a computer with Visual Studio. Grab the update here.

sveakul

Thanks slonopot for the update with the new option that lets users have it either way!  This speedy and accurate Genius plugin has become my first choice on my provider's list.

For new users, a reminder to read closely the installation instructions which are posted here:  https://github.com/slonopot/Beenius/ .

Keep in mind that you need to extract ONLY the three *.dll's in the zip, and beenius.conf.template.  Drop the ".template" suffix from the latter file, and configure beenius.conf according to slonopot's instructions.  Also remember that this API-based plugin can be used simultaneously with any of the LyricsReloaded sources.

brazyj

Is there any way I can make Beenius find the configuration file? I don't know what I''m doing wrong, but it never sees the configuration file, and uses the defaults.

phred

• Global Moderator
If you check the first post of this thread there are installation instructions along with a link to "read more here."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

Is there any way I can make Beenius find the configuration file? I don't know what I''m doing wrong, but it never sees the configuration file, and uses the defaults.
Where are you seeing the log file for Beenius you posted an image of?  My Beenius stopped creating a separate log file since version 1.3.4.  I use MusicBee 3.5.8606 Portable and Beenius 1.3.6.

Have you confirmed that any changes you made to the defaults inside the beenius.conf file are still present?  Please post a shot of its contents--it's possible that you may have accidently damaged the syntax in a way that makes it not visible to the dll.

Also, be sure that there isn't another copy of the mb_Beenius.dll somewhere else on your PC from a previous install.

slonopot

Is there any way I can make Beenius find the configuration file? I don't know what I''m doing wrong, but it never sees the configuration file, and uses the defaults

There is a certain confusion about Plugins folder that I got trapped in since the initial release. MusicBee expects both Program Files and %APPDATA% Plugins folders to function, but by default the Program Files one is not user-writable.

Now the plugin is expected to be working only from %APPDATA%. I also fixed the logger if this plugin is used alongside Museexmatch.
Grab the update here and move the plugin from Program Files/MusicBee/Plugins to %APPDATA%/MusicBee/Plugins.

(%APPDATA% is Users/<>/AppData/Roaming by default)

slonopot

My Beenius stopped creating a separate log file since version 1.3.4.  I use MusicBee 3.5.8606 Portable and Beenius 1.3.6.

The log was broken indeed if the plugin is used with Museexmatch or another one that is using NLog. Since all the plugins are running in the same scope, NLog is global as well and is expected to distinguish log targets between different classes. I've attempted to fix this multiple times, this one is final (I hope).

Have you confirmed that any changes you made to the defaults inside the beenius.conf file are still present?  Please post a shot of its contents--it's possible that you may have accidently damaged the syntax in a way that makes it not visible to the dll.

The plugin .dll was working from any Plugins folder, but .conf file was hardcoded to "./Plugins/beenius.conf" since day one. This is expected to be in Program Files and it's not writable. Now it's moved to %APPDATA% and will remain there.

As for the portable version, I guess we've discussed this a certain time ago and by then I've suggested to ask Steven to remap %APPDATA% to something in the portable folder. Don't know how did it end up being, but you always can just manually create MusicBee/Plugins in AppData/Roaming and it should work.

sveakul

MusicBee Portable 3.5.8606 P, installed to C:\MusicBee.

After updating both Beenius and Museexmatch to the versions just posted, found that the Beenius log file is being created now all right in c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee.

Now however the conf files are no longer being seen (and hence their values not being applied) since their coded location was changed to lie outside of a MusicBee Portable installation, as you described, instead of within the original Plugins folder with the dll's.

Since with a Portable install I depend on all my settings/files being present in one folder I rolled everything back to my backup copy from last night and will stick with that.  Since no performance related functions were changed I'm perfectly happy using the 1.3.6/1.0.1 versions of these excellent plugins. This is just being presented as a heads-up to other Portable MB users and not as a condemnation of how a developer chose to redesign his own freely-offered work.

slonopot

MusicBee Portable 3.5.8606 P, installed to C:\MusicBee.

As a workaround for your portable setup you can try and create a bat launcher that will override %APPDATA% environment variable with a local folder:

Code
set BAT_DIR=%~dp0
set APPDATA=%BAT_DIR%\PortableData
start /d %BAT_DIR% MusicBee.exe

I haven't tested this, but the approach should be functional. You are expected to manually create a folder tree for PortableData\MusicBee[\Plugins] (which is an alternative to AppData\Roaming\MusicBee[\Plugins]). I guess AppData should be the only place for plugins and user files to prevent further confusion, but it's not up for me to decide so we'll just somehow hack around this and it'll just work for the rest of the days. No more feasible fixes and updates for both plugins in my forecast anyways.

chrl_nrys

Is there a reason the plugin omits certain portions of lyrics?

For instance

https://genius.com/Blink-182-rich-lips-live-lyrics

The retrieved lyrics in musicbee will omit the stage banter at the end

sveakul

Is there a reason the plugin omits certain portions of lyrics?

For instance

https://genius.com/Blink-182-rich-lips-live-lyrics

The retrieved lyrics in musicbee will omit the stage banter at the end
In the beenius.conf file, be sure this value is set to false:

Code
"removeTags":  false
restart MusicBee to apply changes.  Note that location of the .conf file was changed in version 1.3.7 (https://github.com/slonopot/Beenius/releases/tag/v1.3.7).
Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 01:20:36 AM by sveakul