Author Topic: ALBUM VIEW: Fill picture  (Read 147 times)

ch1v35

This one shouldn't be hard to do. I dislike having the albums all at different heights, it would be nice to have a FILL option to have them all come together to fill the square they occupy

(bottom row is uneven)

voodoopunk

Not to be too old fashioned, but... can't you just resize them yourself? I never add album art to anything without resizing it to what I want.

BoraBora

If it's optional, I don't care. But if it's supposed to be the default, then -100. Covers are not always square. I wouldn't want my rectangular covers elongated or flattened.

phred

• Global Moderator
This one shouldn't be hard to do.
Never tell a developer that something isn't hard to do. Even if you're a developer, you don't know what's involved with this particular application.

... can't you just resize them yourself?
Exactly. Preferences > Tools > use external picture viewer invoked on double-click of a picture > [choose the application]. Then when you double-click on the artwork it will open in your desired picture viewer/editor and you can resize it there. I suggest looking at the free FastStone Image Viewer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

ch1v35

Not to be too old fashioned, but... can't you just resize them yourself? I never add album art to anything without resizing it to what I want.

that's fine enough but doing it for 500+ albums is a bit crazy. i also don't enjoy altering the image itself to stretch to strange proportions, i like to keep the original untouched image

If it's optional, I don't care. But if it's supposed to be the default, then -100. Covers are not always square. I wouldn't want my rectangular covers elongated or flattened.
definitely optional, i don't think i ever recommend anything to be the default. you're thinking of a stretch fit (think wallpapers, there are tile/stretch/fill/center/span etc. options), fill is where it simply zooms in more till it fills the desired size