Author Topic: ratings reverse sync GoneMad - > Musicbee  (Read 1987 times)

MrVain712

Hello,

I use musicbee (Windows) and GoneMad (Android 12) what i must do to sync the ratings from gonemad to musicbee? I use the WiFi sync App but the ratings in gonemad dont send to musicbee :(

Shougun

Same issue. The musicbee android sync app says "java.ioFIleNotFoundException: /storage/emulated/0//gmmp/stats.xml: open failed: EPERM (Operation not permitted).

I can use poweramp to sync no problem, but I dislike that poweramp uses it's own rating system. So everything I've rated in MusicBee isn't that in the app... (But everything rated in the app will go back to music bee. . . . .. ).

GoneMad will use my ratings from MusicBee but I can't get it to sync, which means ratings in GM wouldn't go back to MB.

Why can't I have the best of both worlds... lol.  :'(
Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:11:11 AM by Shougun

phred

• Global Moderator
If Poweramp is working in both directions and GoneMad is not, then I suggest you contact the GoneMad developer and let him know the error message you're getting.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Shougun

Just for future reference for people with similar issues:

stats.xml from the GoneMad player has to be made by creating a backup, which you can only do if you've purchased the app (so if you're 'trial'ing it out you wont be able to).

BoringName

stats.xml from the GoneMad player has to be made by creating a backup, which you can only do if you've purchased the app (so if you're 'trial'ing it out you wont be able to).

The purchased version is required but you don't need to create a backup. The wifi app talks to Gonemad and triggers the backup file to be created automatically.

Shougun

The purchased version is required but you don't need to create a backup. The wifi app talks to Gonemad and triggers the backup file to be created automatically.

Haha saw you on the other forum too, you're very helpful- and to update everyone here.. yeah it seems it does create it's own by running wifi sync (once you purchase GMMP).

The weird thing is that it still gives me the error but the error is different instead of EPERM it's EACCES. From doing even more reading it seems like some annoying thing google did to protect apps or whatever.. Something that is like this I think: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37819550/java-io-filenotfoundexception-storage-emulated-0-new-file-txt-open-failed-ea

(different app, but the error and reasons I believe are the same).

What is strange to me though is that the music sync app grabs the poweramp info without issue, but it has a heart attack trying to get gone mad's.

BoringName

From doing even more reading it seems like some annoying thing google did to protect apps or whatever.

Yes, that is the problem. Google have changed how permissions for storage works in Android 11. More info about it is in the other thread.

The problem is the app needs a fair bit of code changed to be compliant enough that google will accept it in the play store. I've done a workaround in the other thread. I might take a crack at making the code compliant later, I've been distracted getting the ipod/iphone sync plugin working how I want over the last couple of days.

Shougun

People who provide free stuff (like MusicBee), that's a lot of work, are saints and shouldn't be demanded it, but if you did then that would be awesome.

I am shocked not more do this because now that I found out that I can, I'm so excited to accelerate my library management. Like I use 1 star ratings to let me know I want to delete something, and normally I'd just be like "I hope I remember to delete that later". I tried syncthing but the problem is most of the media apps don't write ratings to file, so it just keeps the two the same.. doesn't share progress back (and Music Bee's in built system does that too, just not over wifi- I think it adds music over wifi with the sync thing but I've yet to have it delete a song I wanted it to without connecting physically).

Of course it's not about deleting alone, because having improved library ratings rate means I can have smarter smart lists and better auto-djs. It's all very cool, just unfortunate that google makes it a pain now.
Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 03:50:48 PM by Shougun