Author Topic: Reverse sync prepending "playlists" to all list names  (Read 1408 times)

Nandra

I'm trying my darnedest to get reverse playlist sync working nicely, but I'm running into a problem I just can't figure out. If I do the following steps:

1. make a playlist in musicbee desktop (in this example, playlist name = Banjo-Kazooie)
2. do a wired sync to my phone
3. wifi sync again
...then my desktop list of playlists will now show not only the Banjo-Kazooie playlist, but also an empty one called playlistsBanjo-Kazooie! If I wifi sync again, I start getting playlistsplaylistsBanjo-Kazooie and so on.

Here's a screen of the config settings for my device:

And possibly helpful info on what I'm using:
- musicbee 3.3.7115
- google pixel pro 6 running Android version 12
- gone mad 3.2.8 (unlocked / full version)

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

EDIT: Found one more data point. When I look in the phone's gmmp\ folder (not in gmmp\playlists\), I see playlistsBanjo-Kazooie.m3u. But if I delete that and then request a sync preview from the wifi sync app, it reappears. Seems like it's getting spawned by the sync scanning itself? =\

I also find that if I change "playlists path" in the device config options to Music\Playlists\ (which I recall was the default), it stop creating the junk playlists. But, it doesn't sync back updates to the Banjo-Kazooie playlist either. (If I add a song to the playlist from within GoneMAD, then do a wifi sync, the playlist in musicbee desktop doesn't have the new song.) In fact, attempting to reverse sync removes the new song from goneMAD.
Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:33:16 AM by Nandra

phred

• Global Moderator
I can think of two things to try...

1- you're running a version of MB that's almost three years old. Before you do anything else, update to (at least) the latest 3.4.x. Or ideally, the latest 3.5.

2- remove "gmmp" from your playlist storage path. Make it just "playlists".

You only need to do a wired preview once (per phone.) From then on you can use the WiFi Sync app.

Let us know how you make out.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Nandra

Thanks for weighing in, I really appreciate it! I can't believe my version was that out of date, whoops.  :-X

Unfortunately neither seems to have fixed the issue... I'm now on 3.5.8150, but no luck. When I try changing the playlists folder to just "playlists\", like you suggested, it has the same result as putting it in "Music\playlists\": it doesn't propagate changes from my phone back to my computer, and instead it overwrites the modified playlist on the phone with the old one from the computer.