Author Topic: Importing files/folders  (Read 1087 times)

bixfan

I've just started using MusicBee9 (Downloaded today) and have scanned my existing music library and with a few exceptions it seems to be fine.   I now wish to import files/folders from elsewhere in my PC and am having a problem.   The "hold Control, Drag and Drop" doesn't seem to work for me.  The other suggestion is to use the Navigation panel and  I can't find it.   I'm sure the problem is with me but I've tried everything.   Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I've just started using MusicBee9
I'm assuming that's a typo. The latest version of MusicBee is 3.4.something.

Dragging from Explorer into MusicBee should work (even without Ctrl key), but you can also use File > Scan Folders for New Files....

The Navigation Panel is usually on the left and shows the different parts of your Library and optionally the folders on your computer.
If you don't see that, select View > Arrange Panels... and add it to one of the available areas and configure it from there.

e.g.
Bee excellent to each other...

bixfan

Thanks for your reply.   I still have the same problem.   In the attached screenshot I want to drag the Janine Jansen folder fro File Explorer to the Navigation panel.   I can pick it up and drag to Desktop so the D&D function is working O.K., just not with MusicBee.
(And yes, it was a typo.)
Cheers

https://imgur.com/e6A3DDo

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think that's just a limitation of the Music Explorer view shown in the screenshot.
You should be able to drag folders and drop them in a "normal" view (Artists, Album Covers etc.) to add them to the library.
Bee excellent to each other...