Author Topic: Disabled Fields  (Read 2048 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World

1 on the screenshot represents a disabled field...but so does 2.
So I'm wondering if there's a particular reason for why 1 isn't also receiving its colour from Controls.InputControl.Disabled, like 2 is?

I've checked a bunch of other skins and they all have a default grey for that field.
In the Tag Editor, disabled fields also appear in grey instead of using whatever colour is defined in Controls.InputControl.Disabled.
Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 11:13:19 AM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
I have spent quite a bit of time looking at this but unfortunately there isnt a simple solution. The root of the problem is windows overrides the colouring when a control is disabled and I had implemented some behaviour to work around that but I see its not accommodating all cases. I could probably implement some code that will work for this panel but I am sure there will be numerous other cases as well so I will probably leave this unsolved

edit:
it should be working in the next v3.5 update
Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 06:20:27 AM by Steven

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Thank you Steven. The figure in the sync settings has been fixed.

Did you get a chance to also look at the Tag Editor? I believe it's the only other place that also had this grey colouring for disabled fields.
In the Tag Editor, disabled fields also appear in grey ...
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Steven

• Administrator
it was intentional but i have updated it in the next update to be consistent

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 09:25:22 AM by Steven

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I think there's been a misunderstanding.
The grey disabled fields in the Tag Editor that I'm referring to are these:

it was intentional but I have updated it in the next update to be consistent.
I can see this is referring to the track properties (fields above play count). It wasn't my intention to get those changed (but I don't mind the new look anyway).

Seeing that this has now took you more time than its worth, it's probably best to leave it as is for now.
I appreciate the effort you've invested in giving these panels a perfect and consistent look.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 12:01:59 PM by Mayibongwe

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Perfection. Thank you Steven.