Author Topic: File Organizer  (Read 6860 times)

hueirhnsfjkdf

Hi @all !

Maybe I just didnt find the correct setting but in the file organzing dialog I would like to add an exception based on disc-count (number of total discs), but I can only find disc-number.

Anybody an idea how to solve this ?

Cheers
Robert

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P

an exception based on disc-count (number of total discs)

I am assuming total discs in an album (not total discs for an artist).
And it also depends MP3 or FLAC or ???

MP3 total discs is normally part of disc number eg 1/3
In FLAC its a separate tag "Total Discs"

You would need to create a custom/virtual tag to read the tag in FLAC and create an expression to read the number/s after the / in MP3

If you do mean total discs for an artist, I'm not sure how you'd go with that one. I know MB keeps tabs on how many tracks per artist, but don't know about albums
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

paq

You can use the tag <DiscCount> for this.

Example: <Artist>\<Album>\<If(<DiscCount>>1,Disc <Disc#>\,)><Track#> <Title>

If the album has several dics, then the result is: Artist\Album\Disc 1\42 Trackname.mp3, otherwise it is Artist\Album\37 Trackname.mp3.

Bee-liever

You can use the tag <DiscCount> for this.

Yes, you normally could, but DiscCount is not available in the dropdown menu of the Add Exception screen of the File Organiser in the Library tab

but (since I didn't know about DiscCount) you could make the Virtual Tag, DCount : $IsNull(<DiscCount>,,<DiscCount>),
and access that in the File Organiser

paq

Ah, I see. But can't the virtual tag you create be simply <DiscCount> then? Since that would return null when it is null.

Rather than creating a virtual tag it should be reported that DiscCount is missing from that list.

And, if the exception doesn't need a complex rule, then the exception could just be written directy in the main rule as an if-statement.

Steven

• Administrator
Yes, you normally could, but DiscCount is not available in the dropdown menu of the Add Exception screen of the File Organiser in the Library tab
what paq suggests should work - the choices available from the ... popup menu attempt to filter what are sensible fields for file naming. That needs to be revisited in light of "If" conditions but you should still be able to refer to the field in the template if you know its name

Bee-liever

Ah, I see. But can't the virtual tag you create be simply <DiscCount> then? Since that would return null when it is null.

Last time I tried doing that MB said it was a predefined term and it wouldn't let me. I see that behaviour has changed and it can be done that way.

Rather than creating a virtual tag it should be reported that DiscCount is missing from that list.

Yes, but I was just suggesting a work-around while Steven was busy with the 2.0Final release.

And, if the exception doesn't need a complex rule, then the exception could just be written directy in the main rule as an if-statement.

Yes, that's true, but that wasn't what hueirhnsfjkdf asked in his post.

But it's all been solved in the end, and everything works out fine :)
And I just won't offer help ever again.

paq

And I just won't offer help ever again.

I hope you don't really mean that, you pointed out stuff I needed to see and together we helped out.