Author Topic: mysterious X in Theater Mode  (Read 3466 times)

rockberto

I have set the playback so that Now Playing opens automatically in Theater mode Rdio Style (I still haven't figured out how to go back to it automatically if I go back to the main player to choose another album). Moving the mouse while in Theater mode I saw a small "X" appear at the top right, I had never noticed it. Clicking it takes you back to the main player. The X appears only if the mouse hovers over it. Is there a way to make it visible, place it in another position or even enlarge it?
Thanks in advance

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The X appears only if the mouse hovers over it. Is there a way to make it visible, place it in another position or even enlarge it?
You'll have to edit the contents of Rdio Style.xml for that. (/MusicBee/Plugins/TheaterMode.list)

Search and locate "CloseWindow" inside the xml file. That should take you to line 231.
To make X visible, add an fg attribute to the element (adding fg="255,255,255" will display the x in white).
To enlarge it, increase the value of the size attribute. It's currently set to 10.
To change its position, play around with the following xAnchor="Panel.Right" x="-22" y="4".

Inside the ReadMe file in the same directory mentioned above should be a detailed explanation of how TM elements work.
But feel free to ask further if you still need assistance.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

rockberto

thanks for the answer, really comprehensive. I'll try in the morning and then I'll update you. Thank you!

rockberto

@Mayibongwe

it works! Is there a way to replace the X with another symbol or letter? If not I'll use a png icon.
and then I can't put it on the left instead of on the right ...
Many thanks
Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 12:21:53 PM by rockberto

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is there a way to replace the X with another symbol or letter?
Yes there is. That element is currently using the Webdings font and the letter "r" located just before the element closing tag, is telling MB what symbol to display (x in this case).
Have a look here to see what font types make use of symbols and what keyboard characters those symbols are mapped to.
To display the keyboard character/letter as it is, you can use any other font besides those 4, like Segoe Ui for example.

Did you mean to say "and then I CAN put it on the left instead of on the right"?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

rockberto

Did you mean to say "and then I CAN put it on the left instead of on the right"?

damn google translator ... yes I would like to put the X (or whatever symbol I want to use) on the left