Author Topic: Applying DSP plugins to specific tracks  (Read 866 times)

audiobabble

Hi all,

I'm very happy to see there is a VST container plugin available... can't wait to try it out.

I notice that under the settings tab for individual tracks there is an option to apply an equalizer setting for that particular track, or tracks.

My question is: is there a way to specify other DSP plugins (in particular the VST host) to be applied on specific tracks?

hiccup

Personally I am a bit confused by the wording of your question.
A 'container plugin' that is 'available'?

It could be me, but could you perhaps explain in simpler terminology what you are trying to do exactly?

audiobabble

A plugin that allows you to load VST plugins, as per this thread: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.0

I have a music collection that includes quite a bit of classical, but also some louder rock/dance music.

I find that for general listening, the classical pieces are too wide in dynamic range so would like to be able to set a plugin to be applied only to certain classical albums to compensate for that difference.

hiccup

So e.g. you would like to use a compressor plugin (or other vst plugins) that could be activated only for specific tracks or albums?
That's not possible at the moment.
You could post a wishlist request for it.
I'm not sure about how feasible this would be though, and I am guessing it would be prone to introduce complications/problems.