Author Topic: Burning to CD from MB: burn failed  (Read 466 times)

landpiraat

Hi all,
I am new to using music bee and so far I am really enjoying it. There's one thing I hope to use MB for that is not working for me at the moment and I am not sure what's going wrong: burning CDs. I have an external CD reader/burner (Ayeway) connected to my PC and use Philips 80 min. 52 x speed CD-R discs to burn to. In MB I go to an album --> tools--> burn disc. And specify the required parameters. When I hit Burn, the disc revs up and is busy for a few minutes writing. After a couple of minutes, it stops with the error in the attached screenshot. If I insert the disc in my computer it doesn't read it, in my CD player it revs up to a very high frequency and does not play.
I am positive it's not a hardware issue, as I tested the external drive and discs with WMP, but I would much prefer to use MB for future burning.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Link to screenshot of error message

Steven

• Administrator
MB just uses the tools provided by windows for burning. If its not working for you i wont be able to help

ma_t14

If you burn the disc using the tool that come with Windows, does it work?

landpiraat

Thanks for your replies. I will test some more later this week and get back to you if I need more help.
Burning with windows media player works fine ( i suppose this uses the windows tools for burning too).
Maybe I should just pick different settings in MB.

To be contiued.