Author Topic: [ADDED 3.5Beta] Artist artwork manager  (Read 3970 times)

Mr. Trev

I think it'd be helpful if was possible to use the existing album artwork manager to also manage artist images
Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 12:49:44 AM by Mr. Trev

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I would totally make use of this.

+1
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Steven

• Administrator
There is now a tool for managing artist thumbs
Tools/ Artwork/ Artist Thumb Manager

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

Mr. Trev

Fantastic!

I hate to be that guy, but… is there a way to change the default search from Google to DuckDuckGo (Bing)? Surprisingly, I find Bing gives much better results.

ma_t14

How do I search for artwork while in the artist thumb manager? What am I missing?

Mr. Trev

How do I search for artwork while in the artist thumb manager? What am I missing?

I just right clicked on the right side of the editor just like album artwork.
Not sure why it's greyed out for you, but I also don't have an image rotation option either

Steven

• Administrator
you are looking at the Album Artwork Manager, not the Artist Thumb Manager

phred

• Global Moderator
I hate to be that guy, but… is there a way to change the default search from Google to DuckDuckGo (Bing)? Surprisingly, I find Bing gives much better results.
+1
I'll be another one of those guys. For the same reason. Bing and/or DDG are much better than Google.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ma_t14

you are looking at the Album Artwork Manager, not the Artist Thumb Manager

Mr. Trev

Right click the blank column to the left of where you're clicking - the one with the "artwork (selected tracks)" header

ma_t14

Right click the blank column to the left of where you're clicking - the one with the "artwork (selected tracks)" header

I see, cheers

ma_t14

By the way, It's a bit confusing how that works in the "Album artwork manager"

- when I invoke "search internet for picture" in the "Artwork [Selected Track]" column, it searches on google for pictures of that Artist (??)
- when I invoke "search internet for picture" in the Artwork panel it bring up the familiar artwork search dialog that pulls ablum art from fanart.tv, itunes etc

Was this always the case? I haven't used the artwork manager that much before

EDIT

Now it brings up the artwork search dialog in both instances. I somehow managed to make it bug out before

ma_t14

Seems like it happens if I have the Artist thumb manager open and then open the Album artwork manager without closing the Artist thumb manager first, or the other way round