Author Topic: Subsonic Client  (Read 146250 times)

Lemy

The original code from Steven:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wh43lpnbzrpboaf/SubSonic.zip

Quote from: Steven
feel free to do what you want with it eg. open source it if you want

Steven

• Administrator
A small bug fix to the plugin has been made for when drilling down into folders, musicbee application can start slowing down because the panel starts refreshing multiple times.
See first page for the link

Korvenwin

This plugin is broken right now.  :(
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:40:08 AM by JAnguita

Monte87

Can you please look into revisiting this plugin.  I am currently using a fork of SubSonic called MadSonic maybe they will be more willing to assist you?  This is the only standalone music player that actually supports SubSonic to an extent.  I would love it if we could have the whole subsonic/madsonic database as a library and interact with its features.  At the moment, MadSonic does support Album Artists so that would be a great change.  Please Steven revisit this plugin.

Vraana

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue here on windows 7 using either MusicBee 1.4 or 2 on a larger Subsonic library (~28,000 tracks).

After I configured Subsonic, I see the Subsonic directory tree under the computer browser and can expand the tree with no problems.  The tree looks like the following:

+ Subsonic
    + Music
        + artist
        + artist

If I click on Subsonic or the Music lines, nothing appears in the center panel under Genre's, Artists, albums, etc. Only when I select an artist in the Subsonic tree will anything appear in the center panel and then it is only the selected artists. Once at this level, I can select the tracks and play them with no issue.

I've also tried adding the Subsonic folder to the auto-dj but without success. Everything configures fine and Musicbee reports that auto-dj has started but only the seed track ever appears or plays.

I think I've checked everything but am obviously missing something. Can anyone help me with this?

*Edit*

When I click "Music" from the tree above, the Subsonic server logs a stack trace with the following error:

WARN RESTController - Error in REST API. org.apache.commons.codec.DecoderException: Odd number of characters.

Same problem here. It would be really nice if someone would be able to repair this - continuously syncing SubSonic library with MusicBee library is kinda the point...

MiDWaN

Hi all,

I too like this plugin and find it very useful. Since Steven doesn't seem to have any intention of continuing work on it, I was thinking of picking it up and continue from where he left off... :-)

Please let me know of any features you'd like added so we can build a wish-list.

The code will be published on Github and linked here (or maybe even better, on a new topic) once it's done.

phred

• Global Moderator
For my purposes the plugin worked well.  Now even though enabled, it doesn't show in the computer node of v3.  It still works somewhat in 2.5.  The issue with 2.5 is that it is not loading all my tracks.  It's not a connection issue because it loaded all my playlists, including some new ones that were created yesterday.  But I don't use 2.5 any more, so if someone is going to tackle this, getting it going for 3.x should be the goal as 2.5 isn't really being supported any longer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
if the current plugin doesnt show in the computer node with v3 then I will need to fix that on the MB API side

phred

• Global Moderator
if the current plugin doesnt show in the computer node with v3 then I will need to fix that on the MB API side
That would be great if you have the time to do this.  At least that way we (I) can see if it's working better in 3 than it now does in 2.5.
I don't know about the others, but I'm not in a rush.  Whenever you can get to it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
Now even though enabled, it doesn't show in the computer node of v3.
i just installed sub-sonic and tried it with v3. I see the subsonic icon in the Computer Node and can browse and play music so I dont think v3 is necessarily the source of the problem (although the API code wasnt changed from v2.5, its always possible there is some unexpected impact). I dont want to spend any more time on this unless MiDWaN also has some problems

phred

• Global Moderator
Now even though enabled, it doesn't show in the computer node of v3.
i just installed sub-sonic and tried it with v3. I see the subsonic icon in the Computer Node and can browse and play music so I dont think v3 is necessarily the source of the problem (although the API code wasnt changed from v2.5, its always possible there is some unexpected impact). I dont want to spend any more time on this unless MiDWaN also has some problems
Understandable.  I will disable all plugins except SubSonic and see what happens.  If it shows, I'll re-enable them one by one.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Well this is really weird...
I disabled all plugins except SubSonic and restarted MB.  It did not appear in the computer node.  I re-entered my SubSonic credentials and restated.  No change.  I uninstalled SS and restated.  No change.  I reinstalled SS and restarted.  No change.  I re-enabled all plugins and restarted and SubSonic appeared.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
What I am finding however, is that lots of album art isn't showing in Artwork View.  And in the album expanded view tracks are listed out of sequence.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

MiDWaN

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update on the status of my work on this:
- I've created a repository on Github to host the code (and eventually, the releases).
- The code has been converted from VB.NET to C# and tested (though not very thoroughly yet).
- Some minor improvements and optimizations have been applied.
- For now the focus was to port the code and make sure everything works. Improvements and bugfixes will come right after this stage.

You can find the source code on the Github repository: https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic

As soon as I have tested all the functionality I will publish a binary package as well (DLL) which can be used with MusicBee.
Any problems or suggestions can be added in the "Issues" section of the Github project. The Wiki page there will be (eventually) used for documentation.

Steven, I've mentioned you in the README and given you credit for the original work upon which this is based. If you'd like some other kind of mention, please let me know.

Finally, once a release version is ready I will also update the relevant areas in this Forum (e.g. new topic about it, relevant entry in the Plugins page, etc.)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for taking this on.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki