*** this plugin has been replaced ***
see the end of this topic for the latest information.
The download link is now on:https://github.com/midwan/MB_SubSonic/releases
or the official Plugin page http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Subsonic_Client
) is an application that allows you to access your music files from any location with internet access to a home server you host your music files on. This plugin enables MusicBee to access those music files via Subsonic.Subsonic Plugin
- if you dont have a Plugins sub-folder where MB is installed create one
- copy MB_SubSonic.dll to the Plugins sub-folder
- you should end up with something like: c:\program files\MusicBee\Plugins\MB_SubSonic.dll
- restart MB, and in the Plugin preferences enable Subsonic
- host is your server name without the http:// at the start
- port is the server port
- path is normally the default "\" but it is possible to configure subsonic to be something else so you need to enter the same
- transcode stream - only tick if you need to reduce the size of the file streamed from the server because the connection is slow
- on clicking Apply, MB will validate the settings - any errors are those as returned by Subsonic and I probably wont be able to help so you might need to visit the Subsonic forum for help
If no error is reported on setup, a Subsonic drive will appear in the computer section. Clicking the parent node will show the entire library, but you can also view playlists and folders. It will take some time to initially load the main Subsonic node the very first time (several minutes to 30 minutes for very large libraries on slow connections). It should be quick from then on
You can reference the subsonic drive from Auto-Playlists, the Auto-DJ or create manual playlists (but in all cases these reside in your MusicBee library, not on the Subsonic server). If you add files to your local MusicBee library, MB will keep track of playcounts and enable ratings to be stored (but only in the local MusicBee library cache, not on the server).
In the main panel, MusicBee will only show the tags that Subsonic makes available which are the basic ones you need (Artist, Title, Album, Track#, Year, Genre and Duration). Unfortunately it doesnt include Album Artist.