Author Topic: I want to have 2 libraries that can be played from but only sync from 1  (Read 1319 times)

Chaosmos

Scenario:  I have ~ 250GB of music that is my favorite and I want to be synced to my mp3 player which has a 256GB micro SD card.  This changes a lot and I sync frequently. 

I also have a collections of eclectic music I like to have shuffled on my computer, but I do not want to sync to my device. 

My thought is to have 2 separate libraries that Musicbee would play from when I am on my computer, but set the device to only sync from 1 library.

How do I go about setting this up?

phred

• Global Moderator
I suggest using two filters instead of two libraries.
Check the Wiki for the use of filters.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I'd use a similar but slightly different method, creating an auto-playlist that I used to sync to my device which didn't include the "Eclectic" tracks.  Tag the tracks you don't want synched in some way and then the criterion for the auto-playlist would be <TagYouUsed> is not <NotationYouMadeInTheTag>.  Then you set only that autoplaylist to sync to your device.

EDIT TO ADD: I suggested the above because I didn't think you could sync to a device based on a filter, but I just checked and see that you can.  So both methods are basically doing the same thing and I probably should have kept my mouth shut rather than adding a complication to the already-answered issue.
Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 04:49:13 PM by frankz