Author Topic: How to convert mp3 filename to IDv3v2.3 fields?  (Read 1130 times)

pstein

I have lots of *.mp3 files which I assigned to several playlists in Musicbee.

The mp3 filenames follow the pattern

<artist name><blank ><dash><blank><title>

Now I want to let Musicbee read these file names (only of the marked songs in playlists), cut them into meaning tokens and store them in the corresponding fields of the (possibly present) ID3v2.3 header. All header fields beside artist and title should be unchanged.

How can I achieve this?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
You would need to make use of virtual tags and the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin (AT&RT)

For the artist, pick a virtual tag slot and insert the following formula...$Split(<Filename>,-,1)
For the title, pick another slot and use...$Split($Replace(<Filename>,.mp3,),-,2)

Then go to your playlist and select the particular songs.
For the final step...go to the AT&RT (which when installed will be located under 'tools' in the menu bar) and use the 'copy tag' function.
Copy the (artist) virtual tag to the <Artist> field.
Likewise for the title.
Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 08:00:50 PM by Mayibongwe
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

frankz

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Ah yes that's a lot quicker...apologies
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

Hats off to Mayibongwe and frankz for grasping and understanding what was asked here.
I myself was probably confused by the subject title, mentioning "mp3 filenames, and IDv3v2.3".
This doesn't really have to do much specifically with mp3, or the protocol version used for it, does it?

frankz

This doesn't really have to do much specifically with mp3, or the protocol version used for it, does it?
It does not.

It helped that I have had prior interaction with OP and remember that he is a bit of a pedant (a person who is excessively concerned with minor details).
Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:11:41 PM by frankz