Author Topic: Android 12  (Read 2165 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Searching the forum there appears to only be one post containing the phrase "Android 12."

My wireless carrier is forcing me to update from Android 11 to 12. I can only postpone it for a few more days.

I seem to recall a discussion here regarding Android 12 and syncing - USB or WiFi - I can't remember which. And something about Android 12 forcing the user to use internal storage instead of the SD card.

Does anyone have any comments about Android 12 and MB? Will I be forced to abandon my 1tb SD card where -all- my music is stored? In which case I'll have to pick and choose what to sync to the phone on the internal storage.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I think the Android 12 problem is for people that don't have SD Cards in that you can't select the root internal folder in the storage selection section.  This is based on this user's post and reading forward from there.  All of the three folks who reported problems have phones without SD slots and have to use internal storage. 

I am not 100% sure and don't have Android 12 to verify this, but this was my understanding.
Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 10:41:37 PM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
I think the Android 12 problem is for people that don't have SD Cards in that you can't select the root internal folder in the storage selection section.  

I am not 100% sure and don't have Android 12 to verify this, but this was my understanding.
Thanks frankz. I read that thread and came away with the same conclusion. I'm still going to wait until the last minute before updating. I wish they didn't force things like this on us.

Sort of related: I've read lots of bad things about Windows11 and decided I'm not going to bite. At least not for a while. When I did a Windows update last week, it said my PC can't handle W11. I was so happy! I also checked the other PCs and laptops and they're all not "eligible" for W11.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Did you ever go through with it?  My phone is starting to harass me about Android 12 and was curious about what to expect.

phred

• Global Moderator
Did you ever go through with it?  My phone is starting to harass me about Android 12 and was curious about what to expect.
Yes, I was forced to bite the bullet and it wasn't too bad. I was "given" the opportunity to postpone the "upgrade" 15 times. When I had no more postponements available I upgraded and MB didn't choke or do anything unusual. Understand that while I do use the WiFi Sync app, I only sync from the PC to the phone. I even deleted a couple of tracks from the phone for the first test and I experienced no problem.

I'm using a Samsung A42 on Verizon's network. What are you using? And are you with Rogers or Bell? (Just out of curiosity.)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Yes, I was forced to bite the bullet and it wasn't too bad. I was "given" the opportunity to postpone the "upgrade" 15 times. When I had no more postponements available I upgraded and MB didn't choke or do anything unusual. Understand that while I do use the WiFi Sync app, I only sync from the PC to the phone. I even deleted a couple of tracks from the phone for the first test and I experienced no problem.
Thank you for this.  I strictly go PC->Phone SD Card using WiFi Sync.  No reverse sync.
I'm using a Samsung A42 on Verizon's network. What are you using?
Samsung Galaxy S10 on Verizon.
And are you with Rogers or Bell? (Just out of curiosity.)
I don't know what this means.

phred

• Global Moderator
And are you with Rogers or Bell? (Just out of curiosity.)
I don't know what this means.
I meant who is your wireless carrier? I seem to recall you're in Canada and they're the two biggies there. I've heard some horrible things about Rogers. If you're not in Canada, then please ignore my forgetfulness and/or ignorance.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

Nope, never even been to Canada.  8)

Plus, aren't all Canadians nice?  I've never been confused for nice. :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Plus, aren't all Canadians nice?  I've never been confused for nice. :)
Good point. I should've realized that.  8)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

c0sb0rne

Were you able to still use Musicbee WiFi Sync on Android 12, Phred? I just upgraded to 12 and that version doesn't allow us to select the root SD Card folder anymore. The error message reads, "To protect your privacy, choose another folder." I'm hoping you have a workaround or patch in the works because Google' Devs don't seem to be too concerned.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes, I've had no issues using tee WiFi sync app. I sync to an SD card with two directories: music and playlists. Note that I do not use the two-way sync feature. I only sync from the PC to the phone.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

c0sb0rne

Yes, I've had no issues using tee WiFi sync app. I sync to an SD card with two directories: music and playlists. Note that I do not use the two-way sync feature. I only sync from the PC to the phone.
Thanks phred! I unchecked the Reverse playcount option in WiFi Sync app and got the sync to work successfully.  8)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks phred! I unchecked the Reverse playcount option in WiFi Sync app and got the sync to work successfully.  8)
Glad to hear you've got it working.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

lonewolf07

Searching the forum there appears to only be one post containing the phrase "Android 12."

My wireless carrier is forcing me to update from Android 11 to 12. I can only postpone it for a few more days.

I seem to recall a discussion here regarding Android 12 and syncing - USB or WiFi - I can't remember which. And something about Android 12 forcing the user to use internal storage instead of the SD card.

Does anyone have any comments about Android 12 and MB? Will I be forced to abandon my 1tb SD card where -all- my music is stored? In which case I'll have to pick and choose what to sync to the phone on the internal storage.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Jjrj8AnBs&t=4s&ab_channel=FrEaKk51