Author Topic: Unplayable duplicate of every song  (Read 891 times)

hpblaveet

I have Soulseek on my computer along with MusicBee and I think MusicBee was scanning the "complete" folder for all finished downloads. Well today I was unable to find that folder while trying to import a song to Audacity so I moved the Soulseek complete folder to the Music section in my File explorer and that messed something up. There was an unplayable duplicate to every song in my library, and all my playlists were completely filled with unplayable songs. Whenever I attempt to locate the songs it takes me to where the Soulseek complete folder used to be.  I tried fixing it by hiding all duplicates, but MusicBee decided to hide all the playable duplicates and keep a bunch of unplayable ones with the exclamation point on them. I cant move the Soulseek Complete folder back to the Soulseek main file because every time I try it says "File open in another program" even though it isn't, I close everything I use task manager and shut down processes and thats still what it says. 90 percent of my music is currently unplayable. Someone help me out, how do I reverse this and fix it?
Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 04:20:36 AM by hpblaveet

frankz

If you can't remap the incorrect folders to the correct ones (File->Library->Relink Music File Paths), I don't know how you fix this without starting over.  Try relinking, and then only move stuff from within MB if you want MB to know where stuff is. 

hiccup

I cant move the Soulseek Complete folder back to the Soulseek main file because every time I try it says "File open in another program" even though it isn't, I close everything I use task manager and shut down processes and thats still what it says.
This should be solvable.
There are ways to find out what programs are keeping a handle on files.
e.g. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-tell-which-process-is-locking-a-file
There also exist tools for this.

Or try again after starting Windows in safe mode.

hpblaveet

If you can't remap the incorrect folders to the correct ones (File->Library->Relink Music File Paths), I don't know how you fix this without starting over.  Try relinking, and then only move stuff from within MB if you want MB to know where stuff is. 

What exactly should I remap it to? I tried just remapping it to "complete"  and it made the entire library unplayable, not just 90 percent of it. Every song I click says "The source file for track could not be found"

frankz

If your files were in, for example, C:\Soulseek\Complete to start and are in C:\Music\Soulseek\Complete now, you would put the former in the left box and the latter in the right box.

hpblaveet

This is incredibly confusing, everything is still unplayable no matter what I try. I even uninstalled and reinstalled and it was still the same. I have no idea why its not recognizing the files, "The source file for track could not be found"