Author Topic: External HD Getting Bad & Must Move Files to New Internal SSD Drive  (Read 1162 times)

avididid

I have not used this forum in 6 months but emergency has happened! My external HD (Where I keep all my music files) is going bad and I need to move my music files to a new internal SSD drive I just bought (Windows 10 DT),  Moving the files is easy but will anything happen to all my keywords, genres and comments I've added to the MB database?  I currently have the MB backup file on my "C" drive!  Thanks for any response! DN

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
If I'm not mistaken...by default, these tags (keywords, genres and comments) are saved to your music files...not MB's database.
Nothing should happen to your current MB library/database as long as you move the files using MB's File Organizer.
What drive do you have MB installed on right now?
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

avididid

Mayibongwe - I'm glad I asked about this topic, I didn't know about MB File Organizer.  My music files are on my "H" External HD, My MB program is on a USB drive and my MB database backup files are on my "C" Drive!!  Can't remember why I put MB program on a flash drive!!  Hope this helps

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
So yeah, just open your MB and then use its file organizer to move your files to your new SSD.
By doing so, you get to keep your play counts and data like that (as explained on the MB wiki page I linked you to).

Concerning the location of your MB program, I only asked that to confirm whether or not it was on the failing "H" drive.
But now that you've cleared that up, there's no follow up on that regard.

avididid

Mayibongwe, You have saved my Christmas Holiday!  I do appreciate your efforts and will get on the moving files this evening!  Happy Holidays, David N.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Glad I could assist David. Happy holidays to you too :-)