Author Topic: Musicbee / CAD problem with lyrics display  (Read 1031 times)

krilok

I've been a Musicbee user for several years now, and have set everything up so that music info (album art, track info, lyrics, etc.) is sent and displayed on my desktop through CDart Display (CAD).

Up until recently, whenever a track changed, MB would do its thing and search for the track's lyrics, and then CAD would receive this info and display it on the desktop without issues (see screenshot). This worked fine both for local music tracks and also with online radio, but since a couple of weeks ago, although local track lyrics are sent to CAD and are being displayed, its not the case with online radio any longer.

After a bit of troubleshooting, I noticed that if MB is minimised to the taskbar, online radio lyrics don't get fetched / refreshed, and thus are not being sent to CAD. However, if I maximise MB, I can see it searching for the lyrics, and after a second or two CAD picks them up and displays them. This all works fine until I minimise MB again...

I've played around with both MB's and CAD's settings, but can't seem to locate where the issue lies. I've also tried on another PC but with same results. Strangely, everything works well while playing local tracks, so, any ideas on what could be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance...

krilok

OK, since it seems I'm the only one with this setup, I did a little more troubleshooting and I've found the problem. If MB is minimised to the notification tray, online radio lyrics don't get fetched. However, if it's minimised to the taskbar, then they work fine...

I'm just guessing here, but it could be some compatibility issue with a recent Windows 10 update, since it was all working fine till about a month ago. Perhaps while MB is minimised to the notification tray, Windows is now putting the lyrics requests to 'sleep' somehow...