Author Topic: Reverse sort order in right panel  (Read 1227 times)

RBEmerson

Since beer_fish rather thoroughly inserted an completely unrelated question into my question about this topic, I'll take it from the top.

In the list panel, showing all the albums under an artist's name, the dates work 2021, 2019,  ... , 1999, or descending order. How do I reverse the dates to 1999, 2019, 2021?

In the files' date tag, the date is given as YYYY without mm/dd
Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 04:13:39 AM by RBEmerson
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

RBEmerson

I found the way to change the sort order to ascending (oldest first), but it's not obvious. When displaying Album Artist, right-click on Artist Information. Right-click on Sort Albums. Click on By Year (asc), and the album list is given in ascending order.

Not exactly a blindingly obvious procedure... :(
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

RBEmerson

Clarifying (I hope);.. The actual process of changing the sort order is clear after finding and clicking on "Sort Albums". The problem is finding the way to "Sort Albums". Clicking on Artist Information is hardly the best location compared to the menu popup presented when right-clicking on any album or track present under the artist's name. The only way I found "Sort Albums" was by clicking on everything until I found the way to changing the sorting. order.

I recommend moving "Sort Albums" to the same popup with album ratings, edit, etc.