Author Topic: Album Artist - sort by date?  (Read 1931 times)

RBEmerson

Is there a way to sort the albums by date in the album artist list? That is, Same artist, several albums, date in each album's date tag, sorted that tag.

Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, but how you do it will depend on what view you're using. Can you give us a screeenshot?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RBEmerson

Good news, bad news.

I brilliantly inspected material I was trying to sort and missed that, as a temporary fix, all of the "albums" share a common album name. That is the "sub-albums" become tracks in a super-album. Ddatws become irrelevant in that mess. Strike that part of the issue.

Now, good news, checking some other material, the list is ordered by year. Yea! The bad news is the sort is in descending order - newest first, oldest last. I looked in preferences, grouping/sorting. I tried year in ascending order and then checked a few artists whose albums definitely are dated by year only. No change.
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think we still need a screenshot to offer much input.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RBEmerson

The problem has been resolved. Please refer to the thread "REVERSE SORT ORDER IN RIGHT PANEL". I started that thread after this thread was hijacked (now deleted?)
Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 03:29:05 AM by RBEmerson