Author Topic: How to make a playlist based on the play count of a specific time duration?  (Read 2727 times)

mvana

Hi,
I'm trying to make a playlist where it'll auto generate a list of most played music within the last 2 weeks. I made this playlist and obviously it doesn't work, it uses all the play count.

Is there any option to add "recent play count"? Or play count of  during certain hours of the day?
Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 06:21:28 AM by mvana

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there any option to add "recent play count"? Or play count of  during certain hours of the day?
Looking at the available parameters for 'play count' there is nothing that would allow this.

I suppose it's possible to do something with a virtual tag, but that's beyond my experience. My guess is you'll have a chance for 'recent' but not for certain hours of the day. But again, someone else will have to let you know if it's possible.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

mvana

Looking at the available parameters for 'play count' there is nothing that would allow this.

I suppose it's possible to do something with a virtual tag, but that's beyond my experience. My guess is you'll have a chance for 'recent' but not for certain hours of the day. But again, someone else will have to let you know if it's possible.
When I used Windows media player, I made few auto playlist using criteria like play count from hour of the day.

Probably similar results are possible with some function or codes in MusicBee

phred

• Global Moderator
Probably similar results are possible with some function or codes in MusicBee
There is no built-in function within MB that can do this. As I said previously, the only possible solution would be if it could be done with a virtual tag.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here