Author Topic: Love Me, Love Me Not - <Love> Hotkey Substitute  (Read 10977 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I recently stumbled upon an old request I had made for this feature and decided to quickly whip something up myself.
You know the deal... DLL files go into the ..\Plugins folder.

Preferences -> Hotkeys... Scroll or search for "Plugin" and you can now assign separate hotkeys for loving and unloving a track (or selected tracks)
This is perfect for those moments when you're listening to a song in the background and can't remember if you've loved it or not.
Loving it won't unlove the track, as it currently does with the built-in hotkey. I'm not sure if the built-in plugin allows for this, but you can toggle multiple files too!

Here's the ZIP file.
*Need to add one thing and then this will be back*
Should be good to go now!

EDIT: Explanations for the hotkeys... EDIT2: See below
"Love Me" - Love selected tracks
"Love Me Not" - Unlove selected tracks OR if nothing selected, unloves the currently playing track
"Love Me, Love Me Not" - Love the currently playing track

EDIT2: Last week, I discovered the plugin was not sending the new <Love> status of tracks over to LastFM. After speaking with @Steven, the MusicBee API uses some undocumented variables in order to trigger that event. As such, I've decided to remove the ability to Love or Unlove multiple tracks, which was redundant with the MB built-in feature anyway, and this plugin will apply solely to the currently playing track.

Hotkeys:
"Love Me" - Love currently playing track
"Love Me Not" - Unlove currently playing track
Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:44:16 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

SonicRings

EDIT: Explanations for the hotkeys...
"Love Me" - Love selected tracks
"Love Me Not" - Unlove selected tracks OR if nothing selected, unloves the currently playing track
"Love Me, Love Me Not" - Love the currently playing track

Question about your edit: what's the difference between the first and last? They both love the track, right? The third one sounds like the native toggle that's already in MusicBee, where it loves if unloved, and unloves if loved. Is that the case? Or is the only difference the fact that it only works on the currently playing track, while the first one only works on the selected track(s) and not the currently playing one?

phred

• Global Moderator
Question about your edit: what's the difference between the first and last? They both love the track, right?
The first works on all selected tracks while the third only works on the currently playing track.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Question about your edit: what's the difference between the first and last? They both love the track, right?
The first works on all selected tracks while the third only works on the currently playing track.

This is correct.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Plugin has been updated.

EDIT2: Last week, I discovered the plugin was not sending the new <Love> status of tracks over to LastFM. After speaking with @Steven, the MusicBee API uses some undocumented variables in order to trigger that event. As such, I've decided to remove the ability to Love or Unlove multiple tracks, which was redundant with the MB built-in feature anyway, and this plugin will apply solely to the currently playing track.

Hotkeys:
"Love Me" - Love currently playing track
"Love Me Not" - Unlove currently playing track

xiaoniu

Thanks a lot for making this!
I'm really interested in this plugin, unfortunately the plugin URL is not valid anymore, looks like the shortURL has changed.