Author Topic: Song titles that start with numbers - MB automatically remove the numbers  (Read 1850 times)

superstar19

Just noticed an issue where MB isn't allowing me to enter song title tags that start with a number without automatically removing the number. For example, if I try to tag a song as "17 Days", after I hit enter MB automatically removes the "17 " and the track title is displayed and stored as just "Days". Similar titled songs in my library are fine with no issues. It seems to only be an issue when I try to edit/change a title to have a number at the beginning. Had trouble coming up with anything searching previous posts so creating a new topic for this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you using the Advanced Search and Replace module of the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin?
If so there's a preset to remove the track number from the title and you may have it set to automatically apply.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

superstar19

Are you using the Advanced Search and Replace module of the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin?
If so there's a preset to remove the track number from the title and you may have it set to automatically apply.
I think so. I have "additional tagging tools" listed under Plugins tab of Preferences. But when I select the "configure" button, I don't see any option to automatically remove the track number.

phred

• Global Moderator
The configure button is used to configure the plugin.

In order to use the plugin you need to go to Tools > Tagging Tools > Additional Tagging Tools > Advanced Search & Replace. That will open the AS&R window. Start typing in the search box "remove the" and you'll see two presets that meant the criteria. Make sure neither of the boxes are checked. A check mark indicates that the preset is applied automatically.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

superstar19

The configure button is used to configure the plugin.

In order to use the plugin you need to go to Tools > Tagging Tools > Additional Tagging Tools > Advanced Search & Replace. That will open the AS&R window. Start typing in the search box "remove the" and you'll see two presets that meant the criteria. Make sure neither of the boxes are checked. A check mark indicates that the preset is applied automatically.
Thank you very much. Yes, I used that operation recently to edit a file set that had track numbers in the Title. I didn't realize this would turn the operation "On" for future editing.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you very much. Yes, I used that operation recently to edit a file set that had track numbers in the Title. I didn't realize this would turn the operation "On" for future editing.
You're quite welcome. I've made that mistake myself a couple of times. Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki