Author Topic: Make "split multi-value tags into rows" NOT limit each tag to a SINGLE row  (Read 2883 times)

SonicRings

I just encountered this issue: I'm trying to add a new tag to my track information panel but I've run out of fields, so I figured I'll just add the tag I want displayed to an existing field and split it using the checkbox:

However, this limits each entry to a SINGLE row, despite it allotting the maximum value of 99 rows to the max. row span. It doesn't make a ton of sense to automatically set the row span limit to 99 when you can't fully utilize that.

I figured I could just insert a newline character into the field to do it myself, but I don't think that's possible either.

The above settings produces this:

Meanwhile, unchecking that box, setting the max. row span to 5, and adding some slashes to separate the 2 values produces this:

See how the second value wraps around instead of getting cut off at the number 4? I want that but without having to add the slashes to separate them and force the second value to the next line.

I just want to insert a newline, but seeing as that's not possible, I want the "split multi-value tags into rows" checkbox to allow each split value to wrap around as opposed to limiting each one to a single row.

(Or you could just add more fields to begin with lol)
Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:02:17 AM by SonicRings

hiccup

Indeed text wrap around seems disabled when you check 'split multi-value tags into rows'.
I'm guessing I would support having it work then also.

A suggestion to win one slot: you could combine album and year into one field using ; as separator.
(If you don't care about 'album' having text wraparound, which it looks like from your screenshot)

SonicRings

Indeed text wrap around seems disabled when you check 'split multi-value tags into rows'.
I'm guessing I would support having it work then also.

A suggestion to win one slot: you could combine album and year into one field using ; as separator.
(If you don't care about 'album' having text wraparound, which it looks like from your screenshot)

Fair, that's a good workaround in the mean time yeah.