Author Topic: Restoring missing parts of the search menu  (Read 2236 times)

KA1J

Hi,

I don't have a screen print of what was, but somehow the search option for artist album, genre that used to be on my screen is now missing.

It was a drop down menu with some other options than artist, album genre & was located on the left side column right at the top of the vertical window below the two arrows & Soundcloud search. Selecting that and it would alphabetically list the criteria & thumbnails on the left and I could enter the artist name or album in the search & it would go to it.

Right now it appears stuck on Artist name. If I want to search under Genre or albums, I don't know how to. It was simple before. This changed maybe 2 days ago.

Suggestions how to get this search option back? I relied on it daily.
Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/P2TsbE6
Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:57:22 PM by KA1J

frankz

You closed your Music tab.   Click the + next to Podcasts to open a new tab and then click Music in the new tab. You can then drag and drop to reorder them.

The Music Explorer section that you have open only allows for searching that section by artist.

KA1J

Hi & thank you for the reply.

I did click on the + and clicked on music, but I don't see anything to drag and drop to restore what used to be there on the left.

It used to be artist, album & genre were all right there to click on to reorder what is on the left and what the search window looked for. I'm seeing nothing to give that option to drag & drop.

I must be missing the obvious.

KA1J

Folks,

Thank you for your suggestions, I looked at all of them. What was missing, I wasn't able to find exactly what I needed to do to restore the missing features. I finally deleted the program and what I could find of the residual files under user & finally deleted the few Dlls in the installation folder & left the registry alone. I reinstalled the latest Musicbee and when I re-directed the scan to my music drive, it scanned and said no new files were found so the index remained somewhere, probably in the registry. I also had to tell the Audio Output to use the ASIO & McIntosh driver as opposed to the defaults, but wonderfully, the missing section was restored.

Now the drop-down Header Menu is back and I see where the top option is "Hide Header Menu" I must have clicked that. There must be an easy option to make it appear & I'll search for how to restore that so I won't have to do this complete restore again if I once more misclick.

Thank you for the help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you figured it out! The file that remained wasn't in the registry, it was your MusicBee Library (.mbl) file. Your layout and other settings are usually found in the AppData folder, but the .mbl file is stored wherever you've configured your "library" to be. That lets you do things like you did, resetting the layout without removing the whole library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Now the drop-down Header Menu is back and I see where the top option is "Hide Header Menu" I must have clicked that. There must be an easy option to make it appear & I'll search for how to restore that so I won't have to do this complete restore again if I once more misclick.

When it's hidden, you can right-click in the same spot the drop-down menu would be and select Show Header Menu.
Bee excellent to each other...

KA1J

Great info, both of you. It's nice to have it working as expected. It's a brilliant program and I've donated before and think I will again. I use it more than most software, and daily too. It does so much.

Thanks.