Author Topic: Know if my music .m4a from iTunes is purchased or not on MusicBee.  (Read 1316 times)

JoelB-2011

Greetings to all! This is my first post, and I have a question. How to make MusicBee recognize if an .m4a file is purchased from the iTunes Store or not? As iTunes does when viewing the file type, attached capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/140iKkGXUwNjlBsPo5UmlDFggly_UPgSE/view (It is in Spanish)

The first is a converted .m4a, the second is a .m4a downloaded via iCloud, and the third is a .m4a purchased from the iTunes Store.

Is there a method to do this? Or also create a custom tag to tell me if it is purchased or not, or also if it is downloaded from iCloud?

I would really appreciate your help, since I like this program for its neat, advanced and beautiful design to organize music.  :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might be able to extract the info from iTunes and get it into a custom tag using the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin, but as Steven says, there's no way to automate the process. You'd either have to redo it from time to time or manually update new files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
@ JoelB-2011
If you check those files with the Tag Inspector you should see the names for the iTunes tags.
For the iCloud track there should be an 'iCloud Download' tag and for the purchased track a 'Purchase Date' tag.
You would need to add those tags as custom tags so that MusicBee can read the info.
To display that with the file type, you would then have to create a virtual tag and use that to show the extras if available.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, wow. If those are saved to the files that would make it easier. I assumed they were dynamically displayed by itunes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)